Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
I drove that about ten years ago in a rental vehicle...truly beautiful up there! it was summertime then, so limited snow for sure. 'Glad your Ascent enjoyed the climb, too!

Reactions: MtnSubi21

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
811 Posts
I drove up there in a new 1974 Mazda RX3 wagon in mid August and it was freezing at the summit. Everything in sealed bags, like chips, looked like balloons.

Funny, I've driven a car higher, 14,000', than I've piloted an airplane, with the exception of sitting for a few minutes in the right seat of a G3 at 50,000'.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
Gary, that was a similar time frame to when we visited in about 2010. It was indeed pretty mippy up there at the top, despite being in late August!

Reactions: GaryInMI

·
Registered
120 Posts
did pikes peak several years ago went up with the trolly the weather can change in an instant from blue skies to hale and lots of it, wind what a mess--took my family up there to recite the america the beautiful song (i can't sing my girls helped out did some history felt so proud)
people that drove to the top paid people to drive down, what a lucrative business several waited in line to help get people down

1 - 19 of 19 Posts