Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pictures of 3 kids seated in the 3rd row? I have 3 kids in booster seats but one is close to being done with his. Is it feasible to have 3 kids back there with one or two booster seats? This wouldn't be an everyday configuration but the option would be nice. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
I didnt take a picture but I can attest to the fact that I’ve had 2 seven yr olds in booster seats on the edges with an adult between them. I bought a seat belt extender for the driver side because it was difficult for them to reach the buckle that the booster seat just barely overlapped.

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com

It was a full car by the way. Next time I’ll get a pic for sure! Oldest son in passenger seat, 2 adults and a child seat in the middle and 3rd row as described above! Everyone was comfortable.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you use backless boosters it is possible to get 3 kids in the back row. There is also a very portable seatbelt repositioning seat by the name of “MiFold”.

It is NOT possible however to use more than one LATCH seat in the 3rd row since there is only one set of LATCH anchors and they are on the driver’s side. Furthermore if you use the LATCH, the inboard LATCH buckle obscures the seatbelt anchors for both the driver’s side seat and the middle seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do not have pictures either, but have fit 3 kids in my 3rd row. 2 of them in high back boosters and 1 in between them in the middle.

I need to remember to take pictures next time we max out the 8 passenger capacity. The day after I purchased it, I had 2 infants in rear facing carseats, a child in a booster, a belted child, and 4 adults. Was it the most comfortable ride? Nope! However it was easier than taking 2 cars and way cheaper than full size SUV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you use backless boosters it is possible to get 3 kids in the back row. There is also a very portable seatbelt repositioning seat by the name of “MiFold”.

It is NOT possible however to use more than one LATCH seat in the 3rd row since there is only one set of LATCH anchors and they are on the driver’s side. Furthermore if you use the LATCH, the inboard LATCH buckle obscures the seatbelt anchors for both the driver’s side seat and the middle seat.
LATCH is only beneficial for a booster seat, when it is not in use preventing it from becoming a projectile in an accident. It adds no safety benefit when it is in use.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had 2 booster seats on the outsides with one kid in the middle (no added seat). This worked fine. I can't imagine an adult sitting between the 2 boosters. We had to play around with several seats to see which had the smaller footprint. I had 2 adults in the third row this weekend without problems. Sorry no photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts