Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, picked it up on this past Sunday, over a week and a half earlier than the projection of Nov 20. It looks better in person than on the Build page of the website. No pictures as I am technologically challenged and most sites want your shoe size and first born before you can upload pictures, sorry.

Really happy with it so far. Wading through the manuals. Got the "homelink" button synced to the garage door opener. Tried to pair the cellphone, twice at the dealership upon pick up and it was a no go. Hubby says my 9 year old phone (LG-VX5600) has really old Bluetooth, so (sigh) looks like I will just have to get a new one. Kicking and screaming, I'm moving to a smartphone. But which one to get?

Before you chime in with suggestions of iPhones and the latest and greatest, know that I am not, and have never been, addicted to the cellphone. I do not text. I do not take selfies, nor do I want to. I do not feel a need to take pictures of whatever nifty, neato food is on the plate in front of me. With that in mind, something simple that will work with the car is what I am looking for. Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Germaine

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,115 Posts
If you have Costco or other warehouse club membership, check out their unlocked Android phones. Just about any current Android will have current Bluetooth and will hook up easily. I was in the technology field for over 40 years and and always had the company-supplied top end phone. Since retiring, I have never spent more than $200 for excellent unlocked Android phones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts