Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
PXL_20201119_233652544.jpg

After much wait and negotiation, picked up the Big Blue Subaru last Thursday. Wheel locks and cup holders being added this weekend, but already got the EZ Pass up on the dashboard upper right, 3rd row shades were easy to add and really happy with it thus far! The dealership went above board sending some gifts (cup holder insert) home and as well put on the edge guards I didn't even order (hard to see in the photo - color matched).

Administrator
I have the door edge guards on both of our vehicles. Totally worth the expense.... Even better when added for FREE. (Well, heavily discounted if taking in the cost for the Ascent 馃槈)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I put the original 4 in a closet in the house and the lock nut in our glove compartment, with the billy club I used in the trunk's below organizer. Guessing I should keep 1-2 of the original nuts in there too since I doubt I'd be swapping more than 1 out anyway in a pinch. Also with 3yr/36k vehicle towing/roadside, might not be a big deal.

Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
I put the original 4 in a closet in the house and the lock nut in our glove compartment, with the billy club I used in the trunk's below organizer. Guessing I should keep 1-2 of the original nuts in there too since I doubt I'd be swapping more than 1 out anyway in a pinch. Also with 3yr/36k vehicle towing/roadside, might not be a big deal.
Road service is going to take 5 lugs off, put 5 lugs on. If you don't hand them the standard lug, don't count on them knowing not to put the lock lug back. While we're at it, the Subaru lug torque is relatively low, something like 85ft/lbs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Right but for one wheel, there's 4 on them that are standard, one which is the locking variety.

All I need is to have one in the car then (and the lock nut to remove the locking one). Since I put on the lock nut, I'm sure I can take it off and replace it before road service even arrives (~3 min)

Administrator
89 lb-ft torque for the Ascent.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I got a good billy club for that. Put the car in park, e-brake on, and found removing one of the originals was not strenuous, I spun a new locking one on and hand-used the key until it stopped spinning. Then came the billy club and torqued it until the Ascent was rocked back about 3" by force. I never used fully body weight, just arm strength so figured I put it on right and tight. Checked the key for warping - no sir!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts