Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-
My name is Jeff, we just picked up our first Subaru this weekend...a 2019 Ascent Premium in red. Got it used...had only 3,400 miles on it! We've been keeping an eye out for some and are floored with the deal we got. The dealer added 100,000 mile bumper to bumper with the CPO, and a 24k mile maintenance package.

I've been lurking awhile, and now that I finally have an Ascent decided I should finally join.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow! That sounds like a great deal! I love the fact they included the 100K warranty! Peace of mind, knowing that you will not have any out of pocket repair costs for that period. Super! Did you get it from a Subaru Dealership? In any case, enjoy & safe travels! :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Hey all-
My name is Jeff, we just picked up our first Subaru this weekend...a 2019 Ascent Premium in red. Got it used...had only 3,400 miles on it! We've been keeping an eye out for some and are floored with the deal we got. The dealer added 100,000 mile bumper to bumper with the CPO, and a 24k mile maintenance package.

I've been lurking awhile, and now that I finally have an Ascent decided I should finally join.
Great find!! You probably saved quite a bit of cash.

Here is what Subaru says about the CPO warranty:
"Subaru's certified pre-owned (CPO) warranty program offers powertrain coverage for up to 7 years or 100,000 miles from the car's original sale date, an increase of 2 years and 40,000 miles compared to the factory powertrain warranty. It also boasts no deductible and full transferability. Drivers interested in a bumper-to-bumper warranty can add additional coverage for a fee...

Unfortunately, Subaru's regular CPO program doesn't include an extra bumper-to-bumper warranty, and that means a certified pre-owned Subaru only gets the remainder of the brand's average 3-year or 36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper plan. However, shoppers who want an extra bumper-to-bumper warranty can opt for Subaru's Gold Plus CPO program, which increases bumper-to-bumper coverage for up to 8 years and 120,000 miles or 10 years or 100,000 miles, depending on the chosen plan for an additional fee."

Did you pay the fee for the extra bumper to bumper coverage? It is very unlikely that the dealer would chip in $1500+ for the Subaru Gold Plus Warranty, but they may have. I want to make certain you have the warranty the dealer told you that you have. Normal CPO warranties extend the coverage of the power train components only.

You will enjoy the Ascent. It is a nice vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Hey all-
My name is Jeff, we just picked up our first Subaru this weekend...a 2019 Ascent Premium in red
I'm impressed you were able to pick it up! I'm pretty sure it would take at least 20 of me to pick mine up. Did you get it all the way off the ground? That was nice of them to let you keep it and throw in the warranty, too! ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.