Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this picture at the Chicago Auto Show; it shows you the Harman Kardon speaker configuration. There are 14 speakers; four of the mid-range drivers have tweeters sitting inside of them so it looks like 10 speakers, but it is actually 14.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Nice!

I took this picture at the Chicago Auto Show; it shows you the Harman Kardon speaker configuration. There are 14 speakers; four of the mid-range drivers have tweeters sitting inside of them so it looks like 10 speakers, but it is actually 14.
Thanks so much for this! I took a similar shot back in April 2018, of the same display, and lost it someplace among the thousands of others I took at the NYC Auto Show. :sad:

For those looking at the image, the subwoofer is actually in the back right corner, not in the back rear center.

·
Registered
559 Posts
On the 8.5” premium non-nav head unit, there is a grill on the dash where the center channel speaker is for the HK systems. Do the non-HK systems also have a center channel for phone calls and voice prompts or is the grill just over a blank space?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
a proper system w/ dedicated frequency range!!! I would love to add the HK sub to my Limited, but it seems like an impossible task.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I believe the middle tweeter is there. I took out the driver and passenger tweeters to replace them (for all you audiophiles, I replaced them with some modded Minimus 7 tweeters with a 2.2 microfarad cap. But I may change that lower and up to 100v or 250v) and I could still hear some treble coming from the front. By the way, does anyone have the exact specs of stock headunit and speakers? I didn’t mod the tweeters too much by keeping the same voltage. But I know they are capable of a lot more. And the do sound better than the stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.