Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a new 2019 Ascent Touring. Love it. But one issue is that my phonebook does not fully download. Of course those contacts that are most important to me are not downloading. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a work around?

Thanks,
-jp

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Hi, I just got a new 2019 Ascent Touring. Love it. But one issue is that my phonebook does not fully download. Of course those contacts that are most important to me are not downloading. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a work around?

Thanks,
-jp
Android or iPhone?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Have you installed the latest Carplay update to the iPhone, and, have you installed the latest firmware update to the head unit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes on the CarPlay to the iPhone. Not sure on the firmware update to the head unit? The car is brand new. Maybe a bad assumption but I would think it has the latest firmware.

Also, for clarification, this problem isn't happening with CarPlay. It's happening with the Bluetooth. In other words, when I connected my phone via Bluetooth and downloaded my phonebook, it leaves out large gaps of people. Oddly enough, it's not like it left out the "end" of those in my phonebook. For instance, there are people with the last name starting with "W" that are loaded but a lot of people with the last name starting with "P" are not loaded.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I don't have a bunch of experience with the iPhone X, especially one paired to the car, but, I do know on Android, only certain categories of contacts get transferred (eg "Favorites" and/or "My Contacts"). Perhaps someone else who's got the iPhone X can chime in. Sorry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still Having Problems?

I don't have a bunch of experience with the iPhone X, especially one paired to the car, but, I do know on Android, only certain categories of contacts get transferred (eg "Favorites" and/or "My Contacts"). Perhaps someone else who's got the iPhone X can chime in. Sorry.

Hey I've got the same thing. 110% that it's not phone related. Were you able to fix the issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks,
-jp
I has the same issue with my IPhone XS. I went into the dealer menu and reset the unit.

Hold down home button and press Tune button 6 times.

If you press the Tune button just twice you can access other factory settings.

After unit reset my contacts loaded but recent calls are still missing. My wife’s IPhone 7 all loaded fine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm having a similar issue with Android. Latest head unit s/w. Only a half dozen entrys download, and they don't retain for the next trip. I have no idea how to set up favorites ( I have priority entrys in my phone that will break thru the silent night hours - non of them come thru) The entrys that do come thru, are all Verizon preset numbers, nothing from my google contacts on the phone.
the menu settings in bluetooth on the phone are enabled, and recent texts and calls show in the head unit log
I have tried WTF in an incoming text, and that was a interesting easter egg. I want to see if OMG gets the same treatment.
Suggestions ?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
As far as I can tell, the head unit stops downloading contacts (or never starts) if Android Auto turns on. It's one or the other.

To bypass that, start the car, wait until it asks about downloading contacts, and say "yes" on car, phone or both (wherever prompted). THEN plug in the phone to connect Android Auto.

For those wondering why...
Android Auto takes over bluetooth, so, the head unit stops trying to use it to ensure Android Auto works.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tried blue tooth only, just copied the basic verizon numbers, none of the 600 in my phone. Bummer
Ok Google only gets a verbal request right part of the time

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
That's odd. Verizon may have set up the initial setup weird. On my Samsung T-Mobile Android, I used to get the offer of using the SIM/Carrier or Google for contacts management during initial setup. I always picked Google. When bluetooth devices look for contacts, it uses the primary Google Account. My SIM/Carrier contacts are empty.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks,
-jp
This happened to me after I got my new iPhone 12. The old iPhone 6 was fine, but with the iPhone 12, it only downloads the phone numbers I haven’t called in a long time. This means nobody I call regularly is downloaded, but people I haven’t talked with in years are all there. I believe there is a software glitch in which it is skipping all recent calls in the phone book download, and it’s because of the interface with the newer iOS. Can’t figure out how to solve it though... did you ever solve it?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks,
-jp
I have the same problem, but with an Android Phone. Definitely not phone related. Nor does it show any messages or recent phone calls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.