Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2021 Ascent Limited
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed a three day drive from Phoenix to Nashville and reported 24.2 mpg for the trip. Weather was clear, traffic was good, and while the Ascent was pretty well loaded, I did not have anything on the racks and was not towing. Mileage suffered in the mountains near Flagstaff and then some detours off I40.

I was hoping to get a little bit more mpg on the long trip, but wow what a great driving car for long distances.

Administrator
Alas, EPA highway ratings are at 60 mph or less. I've driven a large chunk of that route, and highway speeds are generally 75-90 mph. 馃槈

But yep, I too found the Ascent a wonderful car to take on long distance trips!

Premium Member
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
Alas, EPA highway ratings are at 60 mph or less. I've driven a large chunk of that route, and highway speeds are generally 75-90 mph. 馃槈

But yep, I too found the Ascent a wonderful car to take on long distance trips!
As Robert said, there is a very obvious difference in highway mileage between driving at what the EPA tests as highway speeds and the speeds that the majority of highway driving is actually done at.

Registered
Driving in Texas into a killer headwind on the very rural highways at 110mph netted me 10.... yes 10 mpg :D. Had to stop after 180 miles!

Reactions: Jim_in_PA

Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
Driving in Texas into a killer headwind on the very rural highways at 110mph netted me 10.... yes 10 mpg :D. Had to stop after 180 miles!
How long a run at 110? Tires need speed rating to tolerate that for long in TX heat.

Personally I'd never go that fast on public roadways. Just too many uncontrollables. I always got my need for speed out on the track.

Registered
How long a run at 110? Tires need speed rating to tolerate that for long in TX heat.

Personally I'd never go that fast on public roadways. Just too many uncontrollables. I always got my need for speed out on the track.
It was late evening in March so no heat to worry about. About 2 hours out in the middle of nowhere (west TX) with little/no traffic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts