Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the dead pedal and brake pedal are the exact same size/style as other Subaru models (e.g., Forester, Outback) so pedals that fit those models should be compatible with the Ascent, correct? The main difference seems to be the gas pedal which has a different shape. However, i noticed that the Ascent gas pedal looks the same as the new Outback and Legacy pedal. On an Outback forum there was some success with installing the Legacy Sport's gas pedal assembly on an Outback...because it comes with an aluminum pedal cover, but unfortunately is permanently attached to the assembly rather than being sold/manufactured separately. Hope that makes sense. So my question is, would a Legacy Sport pedal assembly (arm and wiring) be compatible with the Ascent? One concern is the wiring, there seems to be one plug/wire that connects so not sure if the Ascent's computer would throw an error code. And my second concern is whether the angle of the arm is different that could change the distance from the pedal to the floor...considering the Ascent is a larger vehicle than the Legacy/Outback. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.