Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends said that they replaced the pcv of his 2019 ascent. Is this applicable to all ascent or this is just for those who showed bad pcv after test drive. I’m confused because when they did the transmission and ecu recall I don’t remember Doing the pcv! Any input on this. Thank you

·
Registered
235 Posts
The VIN for my 2019 Ascent needed all three recalls, PCV, ECM and CVT. My dealership was able to complete all 3 recalls today. So happy to have that knocked out before I actually received notification from Subaru of America. :)

Reactions: kathytn

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I missed that info regarding the build dates. I pre ordered mine December 6, 2018 so I should ok with the pcv recall. No wonder they didn’t do mine when they did the transmission and ecu updates. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
Put your VIN into Subaru's online system and you'll know for sure what recalls and service actions are applicable to your specific vehicle. But if you already had the TCM and ECU actions done (recently) and they didn't do the PCV action, it's unlikely that your Ascent requires it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put your VIN into Subaru's online system and you'll know for sure what recalls and service actions are applicable to your specific vehicle. But if you already had the TCM and ECU actions done (recently) and they didn't do the PCV action, it's unlikely that your Ascent requires it.
I put the VIN and it didn’t show The pcv recall. Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.