Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Skokie, IL.

Test drove the Limited trim on Wednesday, May 9th, and ordered ours the same day. 2019 Subaru Ascent Limited with option package 23 (KCD#23) in Crystal White Pearl with Warm Ivory interior. Hoping it arrives before September.

We had also considered and test drove the 2018 Honda Pilot and the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Both of those 6 cylinders drove well and we were suprised by the performance of Subaru’s new FA24 4 cylinder engine. For most of our driving I am sure we will never notice any appreciable performance difference but will appreciate the slightly better fuel economy.

A key selling point for us is the sophistication of Subaru’s Eyesight Driver Assist Technology. The Atlas and Pilot also offer driver aid technologies in their higher trim levels but Subaru offers some features in all models. Subaru’s Eyesight also looks more mature and robust than the competition’s.

Looking forward to out Ascent’s arrival. We have not owned a Subaru since our 1980 DL 5-Door Wagon. A lot has changed since then.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hello from Skokie, IL.

Test drove the Limited trim on Wednesday, May 9th, and ordered ours the same day. 2019 Subaru Ascent Limited with option package 23 (KCD#23) in Crystal White Pearl with Warm Ivory interior. Hoping it arrives before September.

We had also considered and test drove the 2018 Honda Pilot and the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Both of those 6 cylinders drove well and we were suprised by the performance of Subaru’s new FA24 4 cylinder engine. For most of our driving I am sure we will never notice any appreciable performance difference but will appreciate the slightly better fuel economy.

A key selling point for us is the sophistication of Subaru’s Eyesight Driver Assist Technology. The Atlas and Pilot also offer driver aid technologies in their higher trim levels but Subaru offers some features in all models. Subaru’s Eyesight also looks more mature and robust than the competition’s.

Looking forward to out Ascent’s arrival. We have not owned a Subaru since our 1980 DL 5-Door Wagon. A lot has changed since then.
Congrats, you are one of few people on here who have been able to test drive. Most dealerships are only receiving units for drooling over, no test drives.

I am pleased to hear that you thought the 4cylinder measured up...feel free to elaborate if you wish:tango_face_wink: Were you able to do any highway driving? Merge/pass etc? Accelerating feed back? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Skokie, IL.

Where'd you order it from? What kind of price did you get? I imagine I'll need to go to the Chicago area to get a decent price on an Ascent.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can't speak for first285, but Chicagoland is definitely where its at for Wisconsin buyers. Grand Subaru and Berman in particular are offering solid prices that Wisconsin dealers are not willing to match. If you're too far north though, then you'd be outside the 200 mile dealer window.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can't speak for first285, but Chicagoland is definitely where its at for Wisconsin buyers. Grand Subaru and Berman in particular are offering solid prices that Wisconsin dealers are not willing to match. If you're too far north though, then you'd be outside the 200 mile dealer window.
Well, I tried Grand and was able to do much better in the Milwaukee area. I bought my last one at Grand and was surprised they were so high.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well, I tried Grand and was able to do much better in the Milwaukee area. I bought my last one at Grand and was surprised they were so high.
I was too. I learned they later decided to lower their pre order pricing to be more competitive with another Chicago dealer. Too bad they didn’t match when I contacted them - their loss.

·
Registered
357 Posts
welcome aboard lots of great info on here, also things have changed from that 80DL although they all still drive like a Suabru. We also looked at everything you looked at and kept comparing everything to the ascent we hadn't even seen, glad we pulled the trigger early!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts