Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit random. I know the Ascent has two windshield sprayers under the hood lip, but there is a hose coming off the passenger wiper also.

What is it supposed to do? Does anyones actually work? Mine doesn't seem to do anything that I can tell.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
I have been wondering the same...

A bit random. I know the Ascent has two windshield sprayers under the hood lip, but there is a hose coming off the passenger wiper also.

What is it supposed to do? Does anyones actually work? Mine doesn't seem to do anything that I can tell.
I was wondering the exact same thing.

This diagram (search for 86638D) seems to show that the hose (to the wiper) tee's off the main lines that run the regular sprays.

This diagram doesn't show the hose that would connect to it, nor the sprayer that's on our passenger wiper arm.

This parts list shows there IS a hose for the washer in the wiper (and perhaps the nozzle, but I can't figure out which part that is):

Odd...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering the exact same thing.

This diagram (search for 86638D) seems to show that the hose (to the wiper) tee's off the main lines that run the regular sprays.

This diagram doesn't show the hose that would connect to it, nor the sprayer that's on our passenger wiper arm.

This parts list shows there IS a hose for the washer in the wiper (and perhaps the nozzle, but I can't figure out which part that is):

Odd...
Yeah it is a bit weird. I was playing with the sprayers at a few stop lights and most of the spray comes from the two hood nozzles. My wife was in the car with me and she said it looks like it does spray, but it is a straight line shot and just seems to shoot out the side of the car unless you hold the sprayer while the wipers are moving. I'm sure the lines are easy enough to find under the hood, but I haven't looked. This is my first car with a wiper mounted sprayer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I suspect it's there to ensure washer fluid is reaching the top of the windshield and cleaning in front of the eye sight cameras. I'll have to pay attention next time I use the spray to see if it is in fact coming out of the wiper mounted nozzle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I missed that there was a nozzle on the wiper but i did notice every time i use the spray there is a different sound coming from the passenger side. Could be this third nozzle, i'll try to test some after work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts