Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I feel at least the drivers side has a built in lumbar and does not need any separate adjustment. I have not sat in the passenger side long enough to see if it does also

·
Registered
217 Posts
Because everything has a cost and those costs add up and soon your are buying a $50,ooo.oo Car instead of a $40,oooo.oo Car...
Makes sense right......so people may need to go buy the car they want with the features they want instead of settling for less and then feeling the need to complain like there is something “wrong” with the car.....?
Well, there is no such thing. Never saw a vehicle that had everything available OEM. This originally came up on another thread asking for things we would like to see. SOA will have to look at feedback on these items and make some valued judgements as to the cost vs sales potential. I certainly didn't mean to imply there was something wrong with the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So it looks like the front passenger seat is only adjustable front and back and seat recline (4 way). I had hoped that the front passenger seat would be 8 way adjustable in at least the Touring model. Has anyone sat in the passenger seat to get an idea of the comfort level? Once you have that adjustment it is difficult to go back to 4 way.
Even the new Touring trim of the Forester offers a 8-way power adjustable passenger seat. For their most expensive vehicle Subaru seems to have cut some odd corners in the Ascent.

·
Administrator
9,239 Posts
Even the new Touring trim of the Forester offers a 8-way power adjustable passenger seat. For their most expensive vehicle Subaru seems to have cut some odd corners in the Ascent.
That partially happened because of feedback from the Ascent.

I expect we'll see such seats at mid model refresh or next generation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The passenger seat after about 2-1/2 hours gets very uncomfortable without being able to adjust. Very disappointed! They could have left out the heated back seats and added the adjustable passenger seat. Just wrong!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the Ascent so we could take some trips. I saw in the preliminary info on the Ascent that it had power front seats. One of the most desirable upgrades to the passenger seat. When I drive my 2017 Forester Touring the lumbar seat is great. I have back issues and it really helps. So I was glad to hear Subaru had added the power to the passenger seat. It wasn't until I visited a dealer demo last week that I discovered the lack of lumbar support and height adjustment on the passenger side. This will greatly influence my ability to switch drivers on a long haul. Really disappointed with Subaru on this one.
Totally agree!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We were just about to buy an ascent when I came upon this thread.. My wife is shorter and the non rising power passenger seat is a deal breaker. How extremely short sided of subaru!! I'm shocked at their ignorance here. They thought about 19 cup holders but only a 4 way passenger seat even on the highest trim levels??!! I'm saddened because I was looking forward to getting it this weekend. I simply can't now. A 200 fix... And they didn't do it. Crazy and terrible lack of foresight. Big boo to Subaru.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts