Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Premium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure which forum to put this in so I going to try here.

I have a 2021 Premium which I purchased November 2020 (2 days before Thanksgiving actually) and today found the Passenger Side Mirror is cracked. My wife usually drives it: bringing the kids to school, going to grocery store, gas, etc.
It is still functional and she found the two plastic pieces that cover the front but is a thin plastic piece on the bottom edge that is missing. I was able to pop the 2 larger pieces on the front so that the wires and such aren't exposed to the elements.

It's probably not such a big deal but little dings and cracks bug me when a car is "new" (has about 3600 miles on it).

Does anyone know if a repair or replacement is covered under warranty?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,115 Posts
Unless you've got video of the housing exploding on its own, you're probably out of luck. There are threads elsewhere in this forum which identify the mirror housing replacement parts which others have repaired, diy.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I am not sure which forum to put this in so I going to try here.

I have a 2021 Premium which I purchased November 2020 (2 days before Thanksgiving actually) and today found the Passenger Side Mirror is cracked. My wife usually drives it: bringing the kids to school, going to grocery store, gas, etc.
It is still functional and she found the two plastic pieces that cover the front but is a thin plastic piece on the bottom edge that is missing. I was able to pop the 2 larger pieces on the front so that the wires and such aren't exposed to the elements.

It's probably not such a big deal but little dings and cracks bug me when a car is "new" (has about 3600 miles on it).

Does anyone know if a repair or replacement is covered under warranty?

Thanks in advance.
The Subaru warranty covers manufacturer defects, not some part the was hit by something and was damaged.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,877 Posts
It's unlikely that something like that would be covered for the reason that packout mentions. You'd have to have proof that it was a defect rather than some kid having whacked it with a stick or something. I know that seems extreme, but body damage generally doesn't end up being ascertained to being from a defect.

Reactions: AnthonyC

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Premium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless you've got video of the housing exploding on its own, you're probably out of luck. There are threads elsewhere in this forum which identify the mirror housing replacement parts which others have repaired, diy.
Thanks. I will search for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts