Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2020 Ascent Touring and didn't really test out the passenger side of things. I went to move the seat forward a bit and the motor sounds bad. Its loud and almost sounds like its about to die. It was deep sounding and kind of slow. Should it sound different than the driver's side motor?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It should sound the same. It sounds like it’s in a bind. Could the floor mat or something else be getting caught in the track? I had a floor mat and a pen bind things up on another car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should sound the same. It sounds like it’s in a bind. Could the floor mat or something else be getting caught in the track? I had a floor mat and a pen bind things up on another car.
I have only had the car for 3 days. It has the all weather mats and nothing has fallen in the track or anything. It had less than 20 miles on it when I got it so basically brand new. Thats a bummer. I guess I will need to take it in at some point to have it looked at. Its like this buzzing sound, just sounds bad like its going to die at any point.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I have only had the car for 3 days. It has the all weather mats and nothing has fallen in the track or anything. It had less than 20 miles on it when I got it so basically brand new. Thats a bummer. I guess I will need to take it in at some point to have it looked at. Its like this buzzing sound, just sounds bad like its going to die at any point.
Is this the cooling/ventilation motor in the seat, or the seat movement motor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got my 2020 Ascent Touring and didn't really test out the passenger side of things. I went to move the seat forward a bit and the motor sounds bad. Its loud and almost sounds like its about to die. It was deep sounding and kind of slow. Should it sound different than the driver's side motor?
I have the same issue with my driver's side cooling fan. Dealer said Subaru has no fix for it yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same problem on my 2020. They are ordering a new motor for me.
Had mine repaired today. Make sure they recalibrate the air bag weight sensor. I got in mine to drive away and the SRS light was on (Red indicator to the right of the speedometer) and I had the red I in the dash. They had to recalibrate the sensor that detects if someone is sitting the pasenger seat/heavy enough for the air bag to be used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.