Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!! I'm falling in love with the ascent, but my husband is 6'5" so I was wondering if anyone that tall has sat in the ascent yet? I've driven every crossover out there and he does not fit in all. The Honda Pilot his knees were on the dash! So before I go nuts and order one I need to know he'll fit! Thank you!!:smile:

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Hello!! I'm falling in love with the ascent, but my husband is 6'5" so I was wondering if anyone that tall has sat in the ascent yet? I've driven every crossover out there and he does not fit in all. The Honda Pilot his knees were on the dash! So before I go nuts and order one I need to know he'll fit! Thank you!!:smile:
I'm not that tall, but I was there when people that tall tested. He should find the front driver's seat fine. It moves up and down a ridiculously considerable amount (enough that I had over a foot above my head, or my head was crammed into the roof). It moves back far enough that I can't operate the pedals (I'm 5'10").

The front passenger and 2nd row captain's chairs may be a tighter fit height wise, but still should work with some seat positioning.

The second row bench may be a little less comfortable, but should work if the front seats aren't too far back.

The third row will not work in any fashion.

If no one in that height range has experienced it yet, I will be seeing them again tomorrow, and will see if they give me enough time to video the various seat positions and for me to measure how much head and leg room I have. You can interpolate from there (eg: if there's 8" above my head, then 6'6" would just touch the ceiling, etc).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m the driver so that’s why I worry with the passenger seat. We never stick him in the second or third rows but I love to drive!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Here's @trashfo post with the link to his pix. He's 6'5"

http://www.ascentforums.com/forum/9...5-impressions-pictures-seeing-one-person.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Robert,

Thanks for offering to be the test pilot on this :)

One thing I'm interested in is how much legroom there is in the 2nd row behind the driver when the drivers seat is all the way back (and the driver's back is only moderately reclined).
My wife and I are both around 6'2", and drive with the seat all the way back. But we have plenty of tall adult friends, and so one litmus test for us is how comfortable are we in the 2nd row, when we've set up the first row for ourselves. The 2nd row can be all the way back -- we will most likely keep the 3rd row down (dogs in the back) most of the time.

Also, if you notice any difference in 2nd row legroom between the bench and captain's chairs, that would be nice to know.

Thanks again for the offer to help!
--ken

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Also, if you notice any difference in 2nd row legroom between the bench and captain's chairs, that would be nice to know.

Thanks again for the offer to help!
--ken
What I do know is that the bench doesn't move as much as the Captain's Chairs. If they have both tomorrow, I'll beg for some time. I'm not actually going for a test ride (signed someone else up), so, I have some time to roam between their rides... maybe.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
What I do know is that the bench doesn't move as much as the Captain's Chairs. If they have both tomorrow, I'll beg for some time. I'm not actually going for a test ride (signed someone else up), so, I have some time to roam between their rides... maybe.
Hey Robert, if you get the chance and take your tape measure again, do you mind taking two measurements? :smile_big:

https://tall.life/measuring-cars-for-tall-people-vision-line-height/ 1. Vision Line Height and then 2. a vertical measurement from where the glass meets the ceiling to the top of the drivers seat with the seat lowered.

If you can't it's all good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's a thread on here where a guy who was 6'5 took photos of himself sitting in all 3 rows. I can't find it right now but I think he was able to sit comfortably in front, but his head touched the ceiling in the 3rd row

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
There's a thread on here where a guy who was 6'5 took photos of himself sitting in all 3 rows. I can't find it right now but I think he was able to sit comfortably in front, but his head touched the ceiling in the 3rd row
Husker linked it above - we good :) :grin:

Reactions: Northern Ty

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
@Abby I am curious if your husband has impressions different from mine when he actually gets to sit in one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They aren’t scheduled to be here (Pennsylvania) until July so I’ll just have to wait patiently. He’s a big guy too but I’m happy to see that you had enough leg and knee room!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Less drivers legroom than Outback

We have had our 2015 Outback for 2 years. My only real complaint is that at 6'3 the leg room is a tad short. Also, because the wheel well is so small, it gives us hip cramps because you can't spread your legs. It just isn't a very comfortable vehicle for long trips. I was really hoping that the Ascent would improve on this but in reality it has 0.7 inch LESS of legroom than the Outback. Maybe the seat configuration makes this not so bad? Hopefully another Outback driver can give some input when test driving the Ascent

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@trashfo he fit!! He said it had plenty of legroom so now I’m really excited! Waiting until the end of the month when they have driveable models available. @pashi266 did you get in the list for when they get the test drive models?

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
@trashfo he fit!! He said it had plenty of legroom so now I’m really excited! Waiting until the end of the month when they have driveable models available. @pashi266 did you get in the list for when they get the test drive models?
Awesome! Glad to hear! :grin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts