Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself if I start popping up in discussions. My name is Bruce and I finally bought my first Subaru, and an Ascent to boot. I’ve always wanted a Subaru but never had one due to always having trucks. The wife and I decided we needed a family can more than the truck I had, so we traded it for a 2020 Ascent Limited in Crystal White Pearl. It’s day two of owning and so far I am very impressed. We also drove a Pilot before buying (my wife is a Honda person) but that vehicle compared to the Ascent was abysmal. So not only did I get the 3-row I wanted I converted my Honda loving wife the Subaru! I look forward to enjoying being part of the Subaru family.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a 2008 Silverado 1500 LT 4x4. It was a good truck, but had major electrical issues. I know I’ll miss having a truck, and a vehicle that I wasn’t too concerned about the appearances.
Welcome to the family!
What kind of truck did you trade in?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
It was a 2008 Silverado 1500 LT 4x4. It was a good truck, but had major electrical issues. I know I’ll miss having a truck, and a vehicle that I wasn’t too concerned about the appearances.
Welcome! A year ago, I replaced my 2010 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 with our 2019 Ascent Limited. I thought I'd miss having the truck more than I do, the Ascent has been great, totally trouble free and so much better at the gas pump.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! A year ago, I replaced my 2010 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 with our 2019 Ascent Limited. I thought I'd miss having the truck more than I do, the Ascent has been great, totally trouble free and so much better at the gas pump.

Enjoy!
Much appreciated! Since you are a fellow truck trader, have you put a hitch on, or towed anything yet? Wondering how it is to haul with the Ascent.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
Much appreciated! Since you are a fellow truck trader, have you put a hitch on, or towed anything yet? Wondering how it is to haul with the Ascent.
I had planned on having a Subaru hitch installed at first but decided to wait to see if I really needed one any more. So far I haven't had the need.

We used our truck to tow travel trailers and stuff around the farm and it was our cross country vehicle for winter trips to California. I sold all the travel trailers and the farm, the Ascent was great last winter on our 8,400 mile trip, it swallowed up all of our and the dog's stuff for the 3 months on the road.

There are lots of towing threads here with great information about all aspects.

Reactions: BDB333

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself if I start popping up in discussions. My name is Bruce and I finally bought my first Subaru, and an Ascent to boot. I’ve always wanted a Subaru but never had one due to always having trucks. The wife and I decided we needed a family can more than the truck I had, so we traded it for a 2020 Ascent Limited in Crystal White Pearl. It’s day two of owning and so far I am very impressed. We also drove a Pilot before buying (my wife is a Honda person) but that vehicle compared to the Ascent was abysmal. So not only did I get the 3-row I wanted I converted my Honda loving wife the Subaru! I look forward to enjoying being part of the Subaru family.
happy wife, happy life

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
I know I’ll miss having a truck, and a vehicle that I wasn’t too concerned about the appearances.
A utility trailer is an ideal way to make up for the lack of a truck bed without having a truck. I went that direction in 2006 and haven't looked back. Congrats on the new Ascent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.