Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the power folding sideview mirrors available on the 2020 Touring and later models.

I was looking around Subaru Online Parts, part.subaru and other subaru online parts store,
but they all list the same part number for the outside mirror assembly.

Part# 91036XC10B AND 91036XC11B for the left and right sideview mirror assembly with blind spot and with turn signal on a 2020 Touring.
It doesn't mention about power folding in the description and it is the same part number on a 2019 Ascent,
so this is probably not the number for the power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the power folding sideview mirrors available on the 2020 Touring and later models.

I was looking around Subaru Online Parts, part.subaru and other subaru online parts store,
but they all list the same part number for the outside mirror assembly.

Part# 91036XC10B AND 91036XC11B for the left and right sideview mirror assembly with blind spot and with turn signal on a 2020 Touring.
It doesn't mention about power folding in the description and it is the same part number on a 2019 Ascent,
so this is probably not the number for the power folding mirrors.

Do you plan to add power folding mirrors to your model?
If so I'm very curious to know what would be involved.
Door harness?
New window switch (with folding button).
Would they automatically fold when parked?

·
Administrator
9,874 Posts
You will also need the control switch, and the control module. I believe it also links with the BCM, which would probably require a different harness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, trying to install power folding mirrors to my19 ascent premium. I dinged up my rs mirror, so I figured I’d try this upgrade.

There’s some auto folding mirror module in Amazon that I’m thinking of using to control folding the mirrors or might even use an rpi or arduino for control.

I need to look at the wiring diagram again when I get home to see where the folding motor gets the power. The bcm most likely controls how long the ground stays closed for the folding motor.

·
Administrator
9,874 Posts
The bcm most likely controls how long the ground stays closed for the folding motor.
IF there's a connection. I haven't yet finished studying the differences in the 2020 (vs 2019) electrical systems. A 3 day membership to STIS will get you all of the rest of the answers you seek.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I don't want to be a naysayer, and I truthfully hope you find a happy path forward on this - but having done some research into something similar (adding interior lighting in the doors / dashboard a la Touring), the juice wasn't worth the squeeze - it was more efficient just to buy a Touring model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at the wiring diagrams, the folding mirror is controlled only by a three way switch, no bcm involved.
Switch positions are open, neutral, and close and switching between open and close just reverses the polarity.
Power comes from the same source for the up/dn & rh/lh mirror motors.

Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like the power folding mirror switch is built into the remote control mirror switch.
The connector (D147) for the remote control mirror switch looks the same for the my19 and my20 and has the same number of pins.
So connector D145 for my19 should plug into the remote control mirror switch for my20.
Some of the pinouts are different from my19 to my20, so some of the wiring will need to be moved and about 4 wires will need to be added to power the folding motors.

·
Administrator
9,874 Posts
@idledrift nice!

Can you do me a favor and photograph the original mirror stalk insides? I am trying to see if I can pop a little side view camera into them (green half circle) and then run the wiring in with the rest of the wires (blue dashes).

Funnily, I used google image search to search for "Subaru Ascent mirror" to find this pic, and thought "oh, cool! Even the same color as mine!"...

...lol, yeah, it's all exactly the same as mine, because it is mine. 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have the sideview mirror out yet, but I’ll take a picture once I remove them.

But here’s a pic of the backside of the sideview mirror, you can’t really see the area you’re looking for though.

·
Administrator
9,874 Posts
Thanks! Much appreciate it. I am hoping that the inside of the support stalk is that same type of "honeycomb" support structure that I can pop the thin camera wires through.

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
828 Posts
Looking at the wiring diagrams, the folding mirror is controlled only by a three way switch, no bcm involved.
Switch positions are open, neutral, and close and switching between open and close just reverses the polarity.
Power comes from the same source for the up/dn & rh/lh mirror motors.
Thanks for this. I guess this explains why we don't have auto-tilt and memory functionality -- like the steering wheel heater, the folding mirror circuit appears to be independent of the brains of the car. Subaru has integrated the mirror functions in other models (Outback and Forester) and I hope they move the mirror functions to the BCM in the Ascent as well. (The downside is it would make it harder to retrofit into other trims.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts