Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teaching your 6 year old the tailgate button on drivers side may be hazardous to your health! She wanted to help close and cant reach the tailgate button.... However......My helpful child pushed it while I was still under getting things arranged. A swift bonk and a quick duck later I was fine, but it didn't stop or go back up, so BEWARE the two beeps!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Teaching your 6 year old the tailgate button on drivers side may be hazardous to your health! She wanted to help close and cant reach the tailgate button.... However......My helpful child pushed it while I was still under getting things arranged. A swift bonk and a quick duck later I was fine, but it didn't stop or go back up, so BEWARE the two beeps!!
I regularly push the button while under it to show how it does go back up... maybe you just have to let it bonk you harder :)

·
Administrator
11,117 Posts
I regularly push the button while under it to show how it does go back up... maybe you just have to let it bonk you harder :)
The force on the actuator is likely adjustable. If yours is truly not stopping and re-opening the tailgate, I would bring it in to be checked out. It does take enough force for you to feel it, but shouldn't ever close on you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts