Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up the car next Monday looks like. My sales person is on vacation this week and car is arriving this week :)
Is a long time since I did financing so I need help on what paperwork do I need to present? Do they need employment verification letter, paystubs, etc. Or is just ID and SSN? I am financing with Subaru.

Thank You

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
State requirements vary because state financing laws vary. Also, some dealerships have their own requirements to minimize risk to them (eg: identity fraud).

I suspect that perhaps you should call to see if the Finance person is in.

·
Registered
771 Posts
^ This, +1. A call or email now can save a lot of headaches when you pick up your vehicle.

If you feel awkward talking to the financing staff directly, ask to either speak with your salesperson's partner (who will be covering for them during vacations and absences) or the sales manager.

My salesperson went on vacation when we were supposed to pick up my wife's new Subaru, and he'd set everything in-motion with both his sales manager (some dealerships will divide this duty between a new-vehicle manager and a used-vehicle manager, so be clear in who you ask for!) as well as his partner. Because we've been with this dealership a long time, he was even able to get things situated with the financing crew.

For both my Ascent (our 8th Subaru with this dealership) and my wife's WRX (9th), we were each in-and-out within a half-hour on pick-up day. :) A bit of advance prep makes a what should be a joyous day even more so! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts