Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
That is good so no chance of closing the shade and leaving the roof open. Although I think some have it where you can do that as air can move through the shade so you can still vent the car that way without having the sunroof open. I think smokers like to vent so they can blow the smoke out. Granted I don't smoke and I don't plan on allowing anyone to smoke in the car.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you open the roof, you have to open a window to let the pressure out of the vehicle. Don't know about leaving the shade up while venting.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
If you open the roof, you have to open a window to let the pressure out of the vehicle. Don't know about leaving the shade up while venting.
The shade opens before the roof opens in either fashion (vent or slide open).

·
Registered
22 Posts
It would be nice if the moonroof opened a bit more, it's two pieces though so I get it. One thing I am very happy about is it can tilt, I love this feature and wish more would do it.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
It would be nice if the moonroof opened a bit more, it's two pieces though so I get it. One thing I am very happy about is it can tilt, I love this feature and wish more would do it.
I wish it opened all the way too... kinda.

That's one thing I can assure you (fully open) will never happen on the Ascent, :crying: and it's due to the structural supports that earn Subarus their stellar rollover rating. Alas, with the Ascent weighing in at a thousand pounds heavier than an Outback, it's impressive they managed 54" worth of glass at all. :tango_face_wink:

At least, either way, we've still got over 2' long worth of opening. Sigh. :plain: :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw in a review somewhere that if the shade is closed and you open the windows for fresh air, the shade flaps around making an incredible racket. Can anybody attest to this, or let me know if this is not the case? I am placing my order this weekend and still on the fence about ordering the Touring vs ordering the Limited as fully upgraded as I can get it without the moonroof. I am a little sensitive to noises and with two kids in the car, I get enough from them!

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I saw in a review somewhere that if the shade is closed and you open the windows for fresh air, the shade flaps around making an incredible racket. Can anybody attest to this, or let me know if this is not the case? I am placing my order this weekend and still on the fence about ordering the Touring vs ordering the Limited as fully upgraded as I can get it without the moonroof. I am a little sensitive to noises and with two kids in the car, I get enough from them!

I run with the shade closed for 70% of my driving, and with windows open off and on during that time. No, it does no such thing. As with most wagons though, opening the wrong window(s) - often one in the second row (and no others) - will cause a thrumming pressure noise. That's unrelated to the moonroof though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The huge moonroof was a feature I had to have. Which has been funny for my wife and I since we have always gotten her a moonroof in her cars, but I never wanted it in mine. The moonroof in her Outback is good, no doubt, but it's small. And then I saw the forester's roof, quite a bit larger, and thought that looked interesting, but I wasn't looking for a forester.

And then I saw the approximately 4 acre size of the Ascent moonroof. No regrets on this! The tint level off the roof is perfect; it lets in lots of light and the various positions make it flexible.

Reactions: imalittle1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Moon roof and sunroof actions

So does your sunroof operate like mine?
When I open the shade with just the quick hold and push it goes all the way back and doesn’t stop half way. Then when closing the shade it goes all the way back to closed.

When the shade is closed and I open the sunroof by holding and sliding the sunroof button the shade also goes back but all the way back. And then when I close the shade it also closes the sunroof (leaves it angled up) and the shade closes half way.

And then I have to close the sunroof again....

My service center and the manual are clueless.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The huge moonroof was a feature I had to have. Which has been funny for my wife and I since we have always gotten her a moonroof in her cars, but I never wanted it in mine. The moonroof in her Outback is good, no doubt, but it's small. And then I saw the forester's roof, quite a bit larger, and thought that looked interesting, but I wasn't looking for a forester.

And then I saw the approximately 4 acre size of the Ascent moonroof. No regrets on this! The tint level off the roof is perfect; it lets in lots of light and the various positions make it flexible.
The first car with a moonroof I bought was in 1987. Sometimes, you don't realize how much you like something until you have it. Every car I have bought since has had a moonroof (my 2000 Mustang GT Convertible, of course, has the ultimate moonroof:tango_face_wink:).

For a guy who grew up in the almost always sunny Southwest, the gloomy Northeast winters hit me hard. Any extra light my car can give me is highly-valued. And, on the too-infrequent sunny winter days in the Northeast, the moonroof creates a bigger greenhouse effect which warms the interior nicely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi
just got my limited blue and i just notice it does not have moonroof standard in limited. i know there is a package for panoramic. aside from that it is nice.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I do wish the moonroof closed all the way when you close it, instead of staying tilted open. I've never had a car that's done this before. Until we got used to it, there were lots of times I left it open.

I do like the amount of light that comes in, with the two panes of glass. The bright, airy interior was one of the reasons we picked this over the CX-9.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
I do wish the moonroof closed all the way when you close it, instead of staying tilted open. I've never had a car that's done this before. Until we got used to it, there were lots of times I left it open.

I do like the amount of light that comes in, with the two panes of glass. The bright, airy interior was one of the reasons we picked this over the CX-9.
It does have a two step method instead of the three step. I will show you how...

EDIT: eh, it's at best a couple of seconds quicker. Sorry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.