Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Panel coming off

29K views 77 replies 31 participants last post by  Robert.Mauro 
Also, I don't understand people's complaint of..."This shouldn't happen, it's a $50K vehicle. The quality isn't there." Go to any Audi/BMW/Mercedes forum and there a threads upon threads of quality issues for vehicles way more expensive than the Ascent. Buying an expensive vehicle doesn't make you immune to issues, sorry.
^^^This. I don't entirely understand the comments regarding cost and expectations compared to previous vehicles. It seems that vehicles are increasing 3-5% per year on average. Add all of the technology and safety that has been introduced in the past 10 years and if you look back, you will see cost increases over the past 5-10 years that exceed what the auto industry has had in the past. All of these features, whether they are government mandated (such as rear view cameras) or simply "creature features" and they all add up to more expense which translates to more cost to the consumer. Also, the more features that are put into a car, the more likely you are to have issues.

Look back to all the EGR Valve issues of the mid 90s vehicles, regardless of manufacturer. The '69 VW in my profile picture is probably more dependable on a day to day basis than a modern car...well, not truly, but you hopefully understand what I mean. I most likely get the '69 VW back on the road faster than I could a modern car if issues present themselves.

TO the OP, I would honestly consider bringing those photos and your car into the dealership. I am not sure how that part is supposed to release in the event of the pillar airbag (another safety feature that adds to the cost of the vehicle) deploying, but I would want to make sure it is installed correctly so that there is not injury caused by a faulty part in the event of an accident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.