Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a quote for Opticoat pro plus paint protection, glass and interior. 7 year warranty.
$1700 paint protection.
$ 800 interior protection.
$ 200 glass protection.
Anybody have any comments or suggestions?
Black Touring. Located in Florida
Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just got a quote for Opticoat pro plus paint protection, glass and interior. 7 year warranty.
$1700 paint protection.
$ 800 interior protection.
$ 200 glass protection.
Anybody have any comments or suggestions?
Black Touring. Located in Florida
Thanks
Seems high. You could check out detailedimage and buy some of the internal and glass products and do that yourself.

What does 7 years give you? Never heard of a ceramic protection that will last 7 years without re-applications and proper 2 bucket cleaning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with Stillmotion. prices seem high and the ceramic coating won't last 7 years if it's outside all of the time. If you garage the car and have indoor parking at work, it will last 7 years, since it won't be diminished by the weather.
I suggest looking up "ceramic coating comparison" on youtube. There's a guy named Scott H who has videos showing how long different coatings last. NuFinish does surprisingly well for a ~10 product, so that's what I'll be applying once or twice a year.
The dealership I went to offered some PermaPlate protection packages for both interior and exterior protection, you might want to see if your dealership offers something similar, or contact other dealerships in your area.
If you really want to spend money, you can look into Paint Protection Film. This costs thousands of dollars (depending on how many body panels you have covered), but it is self-healing and often used on very expensive, high-end sports cars.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I already tried ceramic paint protection from Brisbane and the outcome is great though i really saves for it but it is worth the risk to buy I am using it for 2 years now the quality is good.

Spammer - Malicious external link removed. - Admin...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The only paint protection that's truly lasting and really worthwhile is Paint Protection Film (PPF). No other coating is worth $1,800, you can have ceramic coatings applied for a few hundred dollars or do it yourself for around $20.

Interior protection is not worth $800, that's ridiculous. You can buy all the interior care products you need for years for less than $100.

Why would glass ever need protection and what product could protect it? That's what comprehensive insurance is for.

Run, don't walk, away from all of this if you want to keep your money.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
My dealer offers a product called Auto Butler. I have it on my Forester and had it on my Outback. Costs about $600 for 5 years. They detail the interior, wash the exterior and apply an exterior coating. The interior is guaranteed against stains and the exterior is also guaranteed against bird droppings, and anything that would eat through the finish. They will pay for any repairs, supposedly. They do this every 6 months for 5 years, so it costs about $60 each time if you break it down. I very seldom wash the cars and when it rains they come out clean. I do have to do the windows. Worth the money for me.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
OP: there's not a whole lot anybody can effectively help you, other than tell you to go get competitive bids or DIY. You might want to expand the following example:

$1700 paint protection - is it washing and waxing the car under the 7yrs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.