Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently took my daughter and niece to a local drivethrough wildlife park, the Lazy 5 Ranch north of Charlotte. They sell you a bucket of food so you can hand-feed the llamas, ostriches, and such that wander up to the car. What I didn't expect was all the **** GOATS that came running, popping their front hooves up on the sides of the vehicle to crane their necks toward the windows for some food. Once I learned that I tried to keep the car rolling to stop them from getting upright at all but often they would create a roadblock to force me to stop.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips on how to repair fair extensive scratches on my rear doors? I don't really want to spend the $ for a professional repainting and would probably just keep the scratches for the next 10 years because I'm cheap, but willing to DIY it if possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
That will buff right out.

You just need to go back to the wildlife park and opt for the "snails outfitted with 1600 grit scotchbrite pads" tour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s done. Take it to a body shop to get the door repainted.

Went to one of those and there was a sign that said Monkey Island bypass. Should’ve done it. The monkeys ripped off anything attached to the car. No more drive through zoos for the kids.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You could try to buff the scratches out with an orbital polisher and some Meguiar's® M110 Mirror Glaze Ultra Pro Speed Compound or Meguiar's® ScratchX®2.0, but I would probably take it to a professional detailer for the best results. They have the proper tools and the knowledge.

You can try to buff it out by hand, but it will take a long time and the results probably won't be what you want.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would definitely not try M110 by hand, nor go straight to an orbital polisher. You will haze your paint or possibly burn off your paint. Both the tool and compound are very aggressive.

ScratchX I have heard decent results by hand. I use light swirl mark removers in previous vehicles by hand where a pad won’t work like door cup area where fingernails scratch the paint. (Now I put 3M PPF in those areas)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts