Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,535 Posts
Looks like someone took a putty knife to it. Do you parallel park in dense urban areas?

Curious if someone passed between cars and scraped it with like a bike pedal or something
OH! Or someone else's license plate or frame! I had bolt marks dug into my Outback because of that (someone bumped me hard enough to leave bolt mark impressions).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I’m in a rather suburban area not much parrallel parking here. But I was thinking of a possible cause as well. Maybe at BJs or another store someone managed to scrape the paint at the perfect angle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well my luck has gotten better lately! While at my the dealership dropping off our Ascent for an AC issue I found a nice section of paint peeling off on my front bumper. Has anyone had or seen this before? The dealership said they will “try their best” to get it repaired under warranty but don’t know if they will be able too. In all the vehicles I have own I have never had paint peal or chip like this.
We have a new Ascent. We purchased it in March, 2019. Unfortunately, paint was chipping on the bumper (near tire - driver's side) at less than 1,000 miles. This was repaired under warranty. Now, we have the same thing happening to the other side:-( We will notify the dealership of this issue.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts