Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. It weighs around 2500 pounds dry. I wonder what setting people are using. I started at 6 as they recommend, but as I adjusted it higher (to 9) while towing yesterday, I couldn't actually feel a difference. I would have, when towing with my Sienna.

By the way, I was delighted with how this towed on its maiden voyage. I told my wife I was giddy with delight as we went up a fairly steep hill. I'm not a person who would be described as giddy about anything. I stopped near our house to check things and discovered the trailer brakes were not connected. I hadn't noticed any issue stopping without them but the P3 alerted me and I plugged the connector back in and all was fine.

On the highway around Chicago I really hardly noticed the trailer was there. I went to pass a car doing 55 and before I knew it I was going 70! The Ascent didn't struggle at all with this.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I had mine set to 8 with the boost on for a 3,500lb GVWR pop-up camper. That gave me a pretty decent pull with the brakes I have. But it'll vary by camper.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 2 of 2 Posts