Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Ascent will have a "hard copy" Owner's Manual? I've heard that most new vehicles will be going to online or downloadable only.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can tell you that the 2016 Outback still had one, for whatever that's worth. I wouldn't be surprised if they thinned it a bit and put some of the less-frequently used information online only, but it makes sense to have things like "how to change the tire" and "how to jump start the car" in hard copy always, plus it's a feel-good thing for the salesperson to be able to hand it to you, so I'd bet they keep doing that for a long time.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Now if only someone could find the published copy of the maintenance schedule - always baffled me why they put it in the separate "Warranty and Maintenance Booklet..."

·
Registered
597 Posts
Now if only someone could find the published copy of the maintenance schedule - always baffled me why they put it in the separate "Warranty and Maintenance Booklet..."
Glad you said something I'm sitting here looking for the maintenance schedule and couldn't find it! :grin:

·
Registered
113 Posts
The maintenance schedule says to perform maintenance at six months or 6000 miles whichever comes first. But let’s say you only drive 3000 miles every six months, why would you be required to rotate tires every six months, or why would you need to replace synthetic oil and filter every six months? If not, would this void the warranty?

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, it's not. This is:

They are also on your MySubaru website under Support and Resources. There are 7 Guides/Manuals there and instructions for Over the Air updates for Software and Navigation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts