Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking owners. Do you love or regret your color choice? If you love it without any doubts, then what's your color? If you have regrets, then what color do you have and what you should have gotten.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've had my Pearl White Touring for 3 months now. Had a Cinnamon Brown on order originally, and liked that choice especially since the Touring comes only with brown leather. But a Pearl White became available, and I was starting to really like the idea of white anyway so I jumped on it. Looks great with the brown leather.

I wouldn't call it a regret, just an acknowledgement - that most of the Ascents I see on the road are white (Southern California is a very white car place), and that makes me feel like my car is a little less unique. But you can't really drive a Subaru Ascent and not feel pretty unique!

White sure gets dirty! We are on a dirt road every weekend for hobby activities. I had a white Merc GL previously, and I like the Ascent Pearl better. Heck I just like the car better. But I digress. Love the color. Love the other colors too, so I wouldn't throw away a different color Ascent if magically my car got swapped.

F.S.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Magnetite grey Touring, I’m happy with my choice,I was concidering white but changed my mind before I placed my order. I’m located in Denver.

·
Registered
559 Posts
My truck is red metallic and I thought that color would hide the dirt. But nope. It shows and being a dually it’s too big to drive through the touchless car wash so it’s a pita to clean by hand.

Our ice silver Outback really hid the dirt well but my wife didn’t want another silver car. So we go the pearl white. When the pearl white gets dirty it just looks plain white. I like it so far.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Asking owners. Do you love or regret your color choice? If you love it without any doubts, then what's your color? If you have regrets, then what color do you have and what you should have gotten.
I lOVE our Tungsten Limited. Impatience nearly caused me to get a different color and I am sooo glad I stuck with our first
choice. When I first drove up to the dealership to pick it up - it was absolutely beautiful!!! When you turn your garage light on occasionally at night just to take a peek at your new car - you either love your car, or there is something quite wrong with you!!!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
801 Posts
My first Subaru (1982) was red like my Limited.

Actually, I called my salesperson the day the crash test results were published and said find me a Limited - white, blue or red. He found a red one first.

I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have the Crystal White color, a muted tone and not fashionable, so it's hard to regret when it's so bland from the beginning. The benefit of white color, in the long run, is that it looks brand new w/ very little effort.

I cant say that I love white color but it's optimal for my life style.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We have a red Touring. Our Acadia was red. However, she thinks the brown interior is not the best match for the red. She liked the lighter tannish seats in the Acadia much better. But she says she can live with it. Being rather color blind it doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Regret! I ordered Magnetite Gray, but ended up buying a Silica Black one on the lot. It was buy the black one or look for a different vehicle all together. Black and Michigan winters do not mix well, last week it looked dirty 10 minutes after pulling out of the car wash.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m in SE Florida and have a Touring Ascent in Cinnamon Brown Pearl with the dark leather interior. Love it. It looks great and does not look dirty until really bad. Also I have had dark cars in Florida before and this A/C can handle the heat. Also you can use remote start to cool it down. No regrets. Love the car.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I had mine for over 6 months and it is a May build. No concerning issues at this time really like it. One point is I purchased a Premium wit option 12 and felt it was a lot bang for the buck. On the downside I would not pay over 35k max for this car, it just does not have the build quality or exceptional styling I would expect for 40k+ purchase. For 35k LED lights should come standard with the option of the special mirrors for a reasonable price. That also holds true for their other cars. I would opt for 19 Forester Premium rather than the Touring model

·
Registered
235 Posts
We've had black and gray cars for a while. We initially considered the Abyss Blue Pearl, but saw a pre-production version in person and were not impressed with the shade of blue. When you look out over the parking lots, you tend to see lots of gray, black, and white, so we wanted something a little different and went with the Cinnamon Brown Pearl. We've had it since September 1st and have NO REGRETS on our choice! We love the color when the sun hits and the color goes great with the interior of the Touring's Java Brown leather. :smile:

·
Registered
32 Posts
We wanted blue for our Limited. Then upgraded to a Touring and I said I didn't really care for any of the colors with the Java interior. Then our salesperson said they had a Cinnamon Brown that has been on the lot for a while that they tucked inside a building to give it a rest from test drives. I reluctantly followed him over to check it out. So glad we did! We love the color combo and have had it in rain, snow, and on dusty dirt roads in So Cal. Yes, you can tell it's dirty if you really look at it but the dirt doesn't really stand out. We get lots of positive comments on the color from friends and family but also from strangers in the parking lots. And it's easier to find in the parking jungles!

·
Registered
49 Posts
My wife's Outback is blue, so I got the ice silver.

I really like it because it has that hint of light blue in it. On sunny days, it's totally silver, and when it's cloudy the car turns bluish.

Reactions: Trey T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Crystal White, which was a return to a white car for me. No regrets at all.

Seeing as how my wife's dark grey Forester shows every little scratch, I knew I didn't want to go dark again (even though the Black and Magnetite look great from afar). I was (surprising to me) considering the brown, as it looked much better in person than websites showed it.

I opted for white because it had always the scratches great for me in the past, and outside of mud/dirty snow, the day to day dirt never seemed to stand out. Still have yet to wash it in the two months I've had it, but that's because it seems like we've had two days of rain every 10 days or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
we bought the Premier in black on January 15th.

So for the interior colour I’m linking the brown leather even more by the day.

For the exterior it’s hard to tell, as it was black when I got at the dealership but it turned into multiple shades of dirt and salt in less than a couple of blocks. But I’m biased to say anything since I owned a few black cars in the last and really like the colour.

Definitely wouldn’t change

·
Registered
1 Posts
Initially we were dead set on a white Ascent. I asked the dealer if he had any ‘tungsten metallic’ cars on the lot and they pulled up an Outback. We loved it, and after two months of ownership we still do. It’s really nice in the sunshine, and it hides the dirt pretty well too.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts