Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm a new Ascent owner. I just picked up the 2021 Limited trim. This comes with 20" wheels, but I"m planning on downsizing to 18" wheels for better tire options and ruggedness. I have a couple of aftermarket wheels I'm considering, but I also noticed the Outback Onyx XT wheels are 18x7, which technically fit in the range I'm looking for.

Does anyone know if these would be compatible with the Ascent?

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
They will fit, but they are designed for the Outback, and, per Subaru's rim manufacturer, are not designed to be load rated for the Ascent. So, no, I wouldn't use them.

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
These will work. They're Ascent rims (per the part number), and at an amazing price. You can get them powder coated to black before you install them, for cheaper than the OBXT rims cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those would be a good fit for sure, but am hoping to find black rims (which is why I checked out the Onyx XT wheels). At this point, I'm also considering the KMC KM708 wheels.

·
Administrator
8,302 Posts
Those would be a good fit for sure, but am hoping to find black rims (which is why I checked out the Onyx XT wheels). At this point, I'm also considering the KMC KM708 wheels.
I updated my reply. For the price of the OBXT rims, you could get those rims and powder coat them black, and save money.

The KMC Bully 708's will be cheaper than either of those options, though.

The Liquid Metal Shadow is pretty cheap in 18", and, I'm loving mine. I think they go very well with beefy looking all terrains and help showcase the tires nicely. They're rated at 1,800 pounds, and are one of the lighter options, which helps make up for the added weight of all terrains (if that's what you're getting the new rims for).

My friends at @Discount Tire can help you with either, and know exactly what specs need to be met for the Ascent, on or off road.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm thinking of powder coating my oem 18" rims. I'd rather not spend money on new wheels if I don't have to. I'm getting the Wildpeak AT3's as soon as my original tires wear down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts