Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered our Ascent on 5/9 and took delivery today. I’ve been (eagerly) checking Cassen’s site daily and yesterday saw out VIN was delivered. Our salesman called this morning and we went in and accepted the vehicle today.

Not much to report yet as we put it in the garage to keep it out of this afternoon’s rain.

Homelink setup for garage remote was painless. Starlink setup was a somewhat convoluted process but we figured it out. Succeeded in remotely starting the car from our phones.

I now understand the complaint about the silly clips that secure the cover for thentrailer hitch. Subaru will get rich selling new clips!

Great price. Excellent customer experience. Outstanding dealer.

Crystal White Pearl with Warm Ivory Leather 8 passenger Limited with option 23 and trailer hitch. Very happy with the purchasing experience.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ordered our Ascent on 5/9 and took delivery today. I’ve been (eagerly) checking Cassen’s site daily and yesterday saw out VIN was delivered. Our salesman called this morning and we went in and accepted the vehicle today.

Not much to report yet as we put it in the garage to keep it out of this afternoon’s rain.

Homelink setup for garage remote was painless. Starlink setup was a somewhat convoluted process but we figured it out. Succeeded in remotely starting the car from our phones.

I now understand the complaint about the silly clips that secure the cover for thentrailer hitch. Subaru will get rich selling new clips!

Crystal White Pearl with Warm Ivory Leather 8 passenger Limited with option 23 and trailer hitch. Very happy with the purchasing experience.

Congrats! What dealer did you buy from? And what was the eta when you ordered?

·
Registered
174 Posts

What dealer did you use for a May order delivered in July?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evanston Subaru in Skokie. We test drove on the day they had an open house with pre-production models and were told August. Our paperwork estimated August as well.

My guess is that we were lucky. Maybe they are producing in batches and some trims are being pushed out earlier than others. I have viewed inventory in several Chicago area dealers and have yet to see a base model. There seem to be a lot of Limited and Touring. Maybe they are cranking out trims with higher margin in greater quantities than Base or Premium models without option packages. Just a guess as I have no other explanation as to how we got so lucky.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Evanston Subaru in Skokie. We test drove on the day they had an open house with pre-production models and were told August. Our paperwork estimated August as well.

My guess is that we were lucky. Maybe they are producing in batches and some trims are being pushed out earlier than others. I have viewed inventory in several Chicago area dealers and have yet to see a base model. There seem to be a lot of Limited and Touring. Maybe they are cranking out trims with higher margin in greater quantities than Base or Premium models without option packages. Just a guess as I have no other explanation as to how we got so lucky.
If you don't mind me asking, who was your salesman? I just ordered my Premium this week from Derek and I keep freaking out that we will get to the dealership and be greeted with a big, expensive surprise. He assured me the paperwork he emailed me was the final price I would pay but seeing some of the crazy stories on here makes me super nervous. Plus I'm driving 2 1/2 hours to pick it up so if I get there and can't drive my car home, I may bawl my eyes out. :grin:

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, who was your salesman? I just ordered my Premium this week from Derek and I keep freaking out that we will get to the dealership and be greeted with a big, expensive surprise. He assured me the paperwork he emailed me was the final price I would pay but seeing some of the crazy stories on here makes me super nervous. Plus I'm driving 2 1/2 hours to pick it up so if I get there and can't drive my car home, I may bawl my eyes out. :grin:
I've asked my dealer the same thing (this is in SC though and I'm also driving 2.5 hours). He assured me the OTD price he quoted is what I'll pay. At the end of the day you just have to trust/hope that they're honorable and will keep that price. Otherwise they lose your business and/or get a bad review.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No surprises!

No surprises. Reputable dealer and very nice to work with. As long as your quote for “Final Price” includes county tax, sales tax, doc fee and title/registration costs you should expect no surprises. We even changed our order to add towing from the factory and they only added the cost of the hitch (not MSRP) and that changed tax slightly. This was an expected difference as it was a change I had requested.

The only surprises to anticipate will be self inflicted - optional paint protection, Starlink contract, added security (aka extended warranty) or prepaid maintenance plan.

We had no trade and provided our own financing so we had zero surprises.

Our salesman was German Cadena and I would recommend him to anyone interested in a new Ascent. He is helpful and no pressure.

Enjoy your new Ascent whenit arrives!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These Clips?

These clips?
Nope. The little clip that slide onto the bumper that that quarter turn key inserts into. I am certain with the cover removed they can easily rattle off after driving for a while. While putting the cover back on the right one fell off twice.

Just something for me to be mindful of and careful about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts