Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We, the members of the Ascent Forums, have towed a lot of different types of trailers over the past year or so.

As on all forums, our information has been ‘shotgunned’ into many threads on the Towing Forum section of the Ascent Forums, and some not even into the Towing Forum’s threads.

My original intent was to compile our information and present it in this thread.

After completing the major task of compiling the information, I realized that there was too much information for a thread post. (Man, have we been pulling a lot of trailers, and a lot of different types of trailers, with our Ascents!)

I have created a Webpage with a compilation of OUR information.

If you’d like to update any information about your Ascent or trailer, you can send me an email at [email protected].

Also, if you’d like to comment about your particular trailer or add other links to be posted with your information, you could send that to me as well.

I’ll post the revised and/or new information as soon as I can, after receiving it.

I’ll also keep an eye out for postings with information about trailers and users that are not already in the compilation.

I want to thank you all for the wonderful experience that I have had on this forum since joining. You have all been so very, very helpful, nice and kind.

Thanks to you, my wife and I have reentered RVing, and have had a great experience doing so.

A most sincere thanks to ALL of you,

Ken

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Holy cow. Nice! That looks like it was a lot of work. It was a lot of work just looking at it. It'd be a lot easier to digest if it were in table format, not that I'm volunteering.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To make the compilation page on the Web easier to navigate, I've added a table of contents. Thanks Merope. :)
It's not a table, but I believe it is easier to find something specific now.

Kevin Williams was also kind enough to drop me an email with information to update his two trailers on the list. Thanks Kevin.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks goes to user burgess for the email with more information about his dump trailer. I updated his provided information this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks goes to user Richard LaBorde for the email with detailed information about his Venture Sonic-231VRK tandem axle travel trailer. I updated his provided information this morning.

Thanks Richard

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is great! We get our Ascent Tomorrow and my wife is hot to trot to get a travel trailer. Thanks for compiling this- it will make my research MUCH easier.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,854 Posts
That one makes me really itchy, Ken, as I have horse trailer experience. Live loads are very different than static loads. It's not a Subaru OEM hitch receiver apparently, too. More itch. I was towing a far lighter weight horse trailer (2200 lbs) with a heavier tow vehicle (5300 lbs) rated for 7200 lbs and 720 lbs tongue weight. (for that vehicle, a WDH was required over 350-400 lbs tongue weight which is not possible with the Ascent) With two 1200 lb horses loaded, I could feel every movement that either horse made back there. For the Ascent, a Euro type horse trailer would be great (much lower tongue weights and designed for more modest vehicles) but I wouldn't personally tow a North American style horse trailer with the Ascent as large as Joe did. I'm not criticizing here...most of the horsie world will shoot daggers at the idea of towing any size horse trailer with anything less than a 3/4 ton truck...but I'm fine with more modest setups as long as they are well matched. The issue with Euro type horse trailers is that they are much more expensive than North American types so few folks consider them, despite the advantages.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
I am interested to learn if there is any discernible difference in the "feel" of towing a trailer after the recent TCU recall is completed. My trailer is still winterized and parked at the RV lot, but will be towed around 10,000 miles this year, so I'm looking forward to getting it out on the road. If anyone has towed a larger trailer, especially over any significant grade, since they've had the recall performed could you feel any change (seat-of-the-pants) to how the Ascent performed? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts