Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered the Touring on Feb 23, and it arrived at the dealership today! Filled out the paperwork today, the service team is doing the interior/exterior protection, and we'll pick it up tomorrow morning!

Mom, baby, and new car (edited for privacy):

We live in Illinois, about an hour and a half from Lafayette.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats!!!! Is it everything u thought it would be seeing it in person??
Yeah, we're quite happy with it. We did the test drive when the dealership had a car in for a day, but that was on an 8-seat Limited. I was concerned about how much room was between the captain's chairs, but it's quite usable to let someone get to the 3rd row. The java brown interior looks nice.

We did have one wrinkle -- the passenger side rear door doesn't open from the outside. Hopefully it's a quick fix by the service dept, and not an underlying problem, which I hope would've been caught by the QA process.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We ordered the Touring on Feb 23, and it arrived at the dealership today! Filled out the paperwork today, the service team is doing the interior/exterior protection, and we'll pick it up tomorrow morning!

So jealous! Looks pretty awesome! We preordered one in early May, but have since found a way better deal but had to do a new preorder (since we are changing the option package due to the way better deal) and now will probably have to wait until September.

·
Registered
234 Posts

Beautiful. Congrats :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh wow! Yes that would give me some concern too if a door didn’t open. I ordered the same as u, blue Touring that is. Please keep us posted. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little salty ???.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Wow, thats awesome! Congratulations :smile:
More awesome is that your first post here is about your Ascent delivery and becoming the first owner of any Ascent (based on this forum). Go ahead and start the first ever thread in owner's registration :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
492 Posts

WoWzers!!! That is amazing. I thought all these ETAs were in July. It's not even half way through June yet. Go Subaru!

Let us know how the drive home is!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, thats awesome! Congratulations :smile:
More awesome is that your first post here is about your Ascent delivery and becoming the first owner of any Ascent (based on this forum). Go ahead and start the first ever thread in owner's registration :tango_face_wink:
Hah! Long-time lurker, just never had any useful news to share before today...

I think our dealer isn't even calling the other people until tomorrow, since they need to check-in the cars, and run them through service. We got super lucky in that I scheduled an appointment today, to try to get as much of the paperwork out of the way as possible, since we didn't think the baby would cooperate for too long. When we showed up, we found out that the first batch of cars had shown up about an hour before we did, and we got everything signed today.

I'm betting that this forum will get a lot more busy in the next few days...

·
Registered
287 Posts

LOL!
Yeah, this forum is amazing and glad I found it. Folks here share tons of information and when I walked into my local dealer for a Ascent visit I'm sure I know more than the sales guys there, even the guy from Subaru corporate guy (he was explaining another customer about Ascent and mentioned "YES, All the Ascent trims will come with standard safety features and 8 inch touch screen". I said nope Base trim will only come with 6.5" :tango_face_wink: )

·
Registered
492 Posts

I think our dealer isn't even calling the other people until tomorrow, since they need to check-in the cars, and run them through service. We got super lucky in that I scheduled an appointment today, to try to get as much of the paperwork out of the way as possible, since we didn't think the baby would cooperate for too long. When we showed up, we found out that the first batch of cars had shown up about an hour before we did, and we got everything signed today.

I still can't believe this is happening now! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Uh, I guess I better go get our financing in order then! I would hate to get a call tomorrow and then have to wait another few days for financing... :tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
965 Posts
WoWzers!!! That is amazing. I thought all these ETAs were in July. It's not even half way through June yet. Go Subaru!

Let us know how the drive home is!

Congratulations!
Shipped truck, not rail. :tango_face_wink:

My first ones are ETA June 27, with a second batch now ETA July 02.

·
Registered
292 Posts
After test driving a blue Touring yesterday, part of me wishes that I ordered a Touring instead of a Limited. I'm afraid of getting my delivery date pushed back though, so let's hope the Limited is just as nice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We did have one wrinkle -- the passenger side rear door doesn't open from the outside. Hopefully it's a quick fix by the service dept, and not an underlying problem, which I hope would've been caught by the QA process.
That is a tad bit annoying; Make sure that it is perfect before you take possession, even if you need to wait an additional day or so. IMHO, once you drive it off the lot you have shifted from a buyer to an owner and they may be less.... prompt.. in taking care of things.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We also ordered the Blue touring and this gives me hope that it might really arrive one day (ETA still a very vague July 2018 and no VIN- the agony). Congratulations and keep us in the loop on the door! Kind of a big deal to have one not work but *surely* it just got jostled during shipping. So amazing, regardless.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kind of a big deal to have one not work but *surely* it just got jostled during shipping. So amazing, regardless.
Baby teething pains, new model, new production line... They will have hundreds of minor changes to the production line and QA procedures over the next few months as other things are found. Subaru corporate will be watching very closely on any sort of issue that springs up right now.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts