Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like an odd question but do I physically have to go to a dealership to put an order in for a new Ascent? If I build one online and send the specs to the dealership can they not use that?
The dealership I want to use is about 90 minutes away without traffic.

TIA!
Brian

·
Registered
965 Posts
This may seem like an odd question but do I physically have to go to a dealership to put an order in for a new Ascent? If I build one online and send the specs to the dealership can they not use that?
The dealership I want to use is about 90 minutes away without traffic.

TIA!
Brian
Subaru requires both a buyers order and a deposit on file for all orders.

I've done many an order where the customer gives me verbal authorization and I write the credit card number down on the worksheet showing a $500 deposit. That was acceptable when I was audited - which is WHY they require the buyers order and deposit, to make sure that the dealership isn't creating fictitious orders to get more vehicles in that are desirable versus what Subaru would just send them, especially as limiting as they are on our allocations. (I just took my first 'November' order yesterday, I expect it to get bumped to October as I still have a couple of October slots left.)

If you build the car online, you should get a six digit code that you can give to your dealer to pull up everything you want. Then you'll want to at least speak with the salesman, because there are a lot of times where someone doesn't actually know what that accessory actually is or does and ends up wanting it once it's been described. (Most of my cars I order end up with either Popular Package 2 or 3 anyway, and then add a hitch if you want.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The dealership I am working with said I need to make a $2000 deposit. I replied back that most dealerships are asking 500 and they came back saying they would ask their manager if they could change it to $1000 deposit. I’m wondering why it’s so high.

·
Registered
235 Posts
The dealership I am working with said I need to make a $2000 deposit. I replied back that most dealerships are asking 500 and they came back saying they would ask their manager if they could change it to $1000 deposit. I’m wondering why it’s so high.
$2000 seems like a bit much, but hopefully they'll be a little more reasonable and accept $1000. I think they just want to make sure you're serious about purchasing. Check to make sure whether it's a refundable deposit or not. A dealer I was working with asked for $1000, non-refundable (but goes toward purchase price). I understand their situation and mostly agree that if I'm serious enough to put down that much, then I'm going to buy it. Plus, I pretty much know what I'm getting when I buy with Subaru because I've already test driven a couple Ascents and it will be our 3rd Subaru. :smile:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I made a $500 donation to the ASPCA to become a "Founder" member and it immediately made me illegible for the Subaru VIP partner program. If you donate $100, you will be a Guardian member and it will be 6 months before you can get the VIP Partner pricing. In addition to helping a good cause, in return gives me the ability to purchase a new Subaru at the 2% below the invoice price. On a Touring model, it will save one approximately $4000. Plus, you don't have to haggle with the dealer over the price, because you know what it will be (after your tax, tags, license is added). Plus, because of my donation, Subaru also gives the ASPCA a $100 once I make my purchase.

Here is a list of Subaru VIP Partners, so you might be able to find an organization that more suited to you.

Reactions: Cannibal869

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I had heard and considered that program. I don’t think that anyone in Georgia does participate though? I will probably donate anyway.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, from my experience only a few in Florida are accepting VIP pricing on the Ascent. But then they have a "dealer fee" of some type that adds between $599-$999 of profit. So I'm shopping out of state now, looking for dealers accepting VIP pricing and hopefully no "dealer fee", or something a lot less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.