Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was told the Ascent will be a 2023 with updates. With the usual conditions as they are reported now will thier be any delays that could cause the delivery to be even later than December?

·
Registered
2019 Outback Premium, 2012 Forester Premium
8 Posts
Once you have a VIN you can try tracking it on Cassens if they are delivering to your dealer.

I recently ordered an Onyx and was told this week it should be in next week. Now they are saying they don't have an ETA. I was previously able to track the VIN on Cassens but now their website shows unable to find the VIN/Dealer... hoping just a hiccup and not a major setback on delivery.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,871 Posts
The actual "assembly" is done really fast...like within one day with many hundreds of other vehicles on the same line.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@taig0r
I hope that Cassens reporting software is the problem. It would be a shame if something didn't go well in the assembly line that made for a recall to make any necessary adjustments. I imagine that even in the worst case scenario you will eventually get the Ascent when all is well.

@Jim_in_PA
Extraordinary! I read the factory tour information and wondered how fast the robots assembling would take. One day! That's mind boggling.

I wonder! Do they put it through a bunch of tests to determine if the Ascent is ready along the assembly line and then give them road test afterward. I remember the old factories had a test driver drive the cars through an obstacle driving road with all sorts of hazards weather etc. as a last test after they were finished too.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Legacy Sport; Pending Delivery 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1 Posts
I recently ordered an Onyx and was told this week it should be in next week. Now they are saying they don't have an ETA. I was previously able to track the VIN on Cassens but now their website shows unable to find the VIN/Dealer... hoping just a hiccup and not a major setback on delivery.
This exact thing happened (is happening) to me with my Outback order that was supposed to arrive yesterday. My Outback was put on "Pending status" which means it is being held at the plant. The dealer said this hasn't happened to them before so they are waiting for an update from SOA/SIA to see what Pending means and what it means for the timeline. I ordered my car on the day orders opened and the dealer has received about 25 Outbacks at this point from what I can tell from Cassens, but not mine yet lol. Need to stay patient :).

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,871 Posts
Extraordinary! I read the factory tour information and wondered how fast the robots assembling would take. One day! That's mind boggling.
WIth many hundreds of vehicles being built each day on the line, the actual time for an individual vehicle is "very short". That's why I used the words "within one day". :) :D

I do not know testing protocols.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This exact thing happened (is happening) to me with my Outback order that was supposed to arrive yesterday. My Outback was put on "Pending status" which means it is being held at the plant. The dealer said this hasn't happened to them before so they are waiting for an update from SOA/SIA to see what Pending means and what it means for the timeline. I ordered my car on the day orders opened and the dealer has received about 25 Outbacks at this point from what I can tell from Cassens, but not mine yet lol. Need to stay patient :).
SoA told me that my order was also "Pending" which the agent wasn't quite sure what it meant. His only "non-official" response was that it may be being held at port due to port installed accessories not being available. It will be interesting to see because my dealer has 3 of the exact same car that should be showing up soon, the only difference is color, and I can see the other 2 on Cassens. The SoA guy I talked to did say after I took delivery of the car if there is a further delay I should contact them and they would see what they can do to compensate me for the delay. With the feds raising interest rates yesterday I can see the manufacturer financing offers going up next month, if I do in fact have to pay an additional 50 or 75 basis points on my loan I will likely reach out to them on that offer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
SoA told me that my order was also "Pending" which the agent wasn't quite sure what it meant. His only "non-official" response was that it may be being held at port due to port installed accessories not being available. It will be interesting to see because my dealer has 3 of the exact same car that should be showing up soon, the only difference is color, and I can see the other 2 on Cassens. The SoA guy I talked to did say after I took delivery of the car if there is a further delay I should contact them and they would see what they can do to compensate me for the delay. With the feds raising interest rates yesterday I can see the manufacturer financing offers going up next month, if I do in fact have to pay an additional 50 or 75 basis points on my loan I will likely reach out to them on that offer.
I'm confused... how can there be a further delay after you've taken delivery of the car? If you're saying they'll give you a discount on a car you haven't bought yet because it took longer to ship than expected, I'll be highly surprised if that happens. Let us know though. That would definitely be an above and beyond response!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm confused... how can there be a further delay after you've taken delivery of the car? If you're saying they'll give you a discount on a car you haven't bought yet because it took longer to ship than expected, I'll be highly surprised if that happens. Let us know though. That would definitely be an above and beyond response!
He was saying if there continues to be delays I can contact them after I do finally take delivery of the vehicle to see if they can provide me compensation for those delays. I was not asking for anything after I talked to him about my order, he just offered the whole compensation thing up on his own after I'd thanked him for his help and was getting ready to hang up the phone. It was completely unexpected on my end.

Honestly to me, unexpected delays are just part of the deal with buying cars these days and the only reason I would even consider trying to get something from them based on his offer is if the Subaru Motors Finance rates jump significantly between when I was told the car would be delivered and when it actually shows up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
He was saying if there continues to be delays I can contact them after I do finally take delivery of the vehicle to see if they can provide me compensation for those delays. I was not asking for anything after I talked to him about my order, he just offered the whole compensation thing up on his own after I'd thanked him for his help and was getting ready to hang up the phone. It was completely unexpected on my end.

Honestly to me, unexpected delays are just part of the deal with buying cars these days and the only reason I would even consider trying to get something from them based on his offer is if the Subaru Motors Finance rates jump significantly between when I was told the car would be delivered and when it actually shows up.
Yeah... it's nerve wracking to not be able to lock in financing now when we predict the rates are on an upward tick. It's all about perspective I guess. I am in the group of people lucky enough that I was able to already sell the dealer my trade and still have another vehicle to drive. Last time I checked, if I would have hung on to my explorer until this week it would have cost me three thousand dollars off my trade value. I suspect that number will grow as the used car market isn't looking to reverse course any time soon. I'm going to count that as a win and see it as a better offset than any most likely relatively modest increase in finance rates that will happen between now and November. I hope your luck is the same!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If we don't get old and wrinkled by the stress and end up staring at a television/computer monitor watching the world go on without us we will get the new cars.

Because I am an explorer at heart Friends brought me out of my gloom on occasions by reminding me that I am kind of like the guy a super computer going by the name of HAL that calls the main character in the movie "Dave" where David says in the book 2001: A Space Odyssey "Something wonderful is about to happen!".

Even if I never get the Ascent I ordered I know that line is true in many ways.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If we don't get old and wrinkled by the stress and end up staring at a television/computer monitor watching the world go on without us we will get the new cars.

Because I am an explorer at heart Friends brought me out of my gloom on occasions by reminding me that I am kind of like the guy a super computer going by the name of HAL that calls the main character in the movie "Dave" where David says in the book 2001: A Space Odyssey "Something wonderful is about to happen!".

Even if I never get the Ascent I ordered I know that line is true in many ways.
They'll be here in just a little bit. I'm trying to figure out where September went as it's almost October!

·
Registered
8 Posts
They'll be here in just a little bit. I'm trying to figure out where September went as it's almost October!
Mine is a 22 Onyx so it has to show up sooner rather than later, 23s will start arriving in not too long.

Honestly I've lost track of my sense of time overall since COVID started. The only thing keeping my clock somewhat intact is that my kiddo just started back to school at the beginning on the month otherwise I'd just be winging it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is a 22 Onyx so it has to show up sooner rather than later, 23s will start arriving in not too long.

Honestly I've lost track of my sense of time overall since COVID started. The only thing keeping my clock somewhat intact is that my kiddo just started back to school at the beginning on the month otherwise I'd just be winging it.
Watching other people's children, especially if they're related or close to me, is the one thing that makes me feel like I'm getting older. Otherwise I'm very much a "can do" kinda guy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Watching other people's children, especially if they're related or close to me, is the one thing that makes me feel like I'm getting older. Otherwise I'm very much a "can do" kinda guy.
Makes me old and keeps me young.

10 year ago all our friends were having babies and so were we. Today, everyone is busy raising kids and improving their careers. Last week we had our 4th child. :) Feels like a little like a life reset.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx to a power outage this morning I am WIDE awake. The UPS: Uninterruptable Power Supply called my attention to it. All those electrical devices were in no danger. I am the tech for it all though...

After seeing the guy from the electric company arrive and check the power line that was hanging over a tree branch and cutting away the trees branch my attention returned. Since I have a adrenaline buzz I started thinking about leaving the house on a road trip. I remembered my present situation. Transportation for that part of my life is two more months away.

I was so hyped up I started to focus on the new car. I feel like i am waiting for the local Subaru Manager to bring me a birthday present.

Is there someone who I can call at the Indiana Company so I can find out if the order has been placed so I can get my focus off the Ascent SUV for another day or two?

The power company guys returned. I see they have found what caused the power outage. What a relief!

Please! May I have the soothing sound of the Subaru Company person saying that sweet sound of, Yes we have your order this morning?

·
Administrator
12,750 Posts
I was told the Ascent will be a 2023 with updates. With the usual conditions as they are reported now will thier be any delays that could cause the delivery to be even later than December?
I go through all the changes here:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts