Subaru Ascent Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Landshark - I gotto say that I admire the detailed, rational response :) even when it is clear that BrooklynSA has their mind set a certain way - and think that the Ascent is not worth the price on anything except one specific trim.
Yeah, I have an analytical brain, I can't help it. lol

Kinda biased considering the forum name here, but Subaru and specifically the Ascent really does offer a ton of features (safety and otherwise) for a price that is generally below the competition. I've priced out SUV vehicles nearly double the Ascent price that don't come with as much.

To each their own though. Some people prefer form over function and that's fine. I don't mind having an interior/exterior that isn't the best in class. I'd rather the design and engineering budget be spent on the driving part of the car, not the looks part. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
One sorta related question. Does anyone know if the 2023 Ascent would also have the same Group 35 battery?

one of the first things I replaced in my 2020 Forester (Touring) was the Group 35 Odyssey 3 months post purchase. and I'm going to assume there has not been much change in the (Panasonic?) battery used in the ascent for 23 model year either.

I used to follow the thread here - Best Battery to buy to replace Ascent Battery. I'm assuming the same holds true for 2023 model.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,878 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring / 2020 Forester Touring
882 Posts
That’s a bad deal…. One of my coworkers just bought a 2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition AWD for $51,000 from Paramus Honda in New Jersey … that’s an excellent deal.. fully loaded… 20 inch black wheels, leather seats, black chrome exterior, sunroof and premium speakers system for the radio. You could have save yourself $2000.
you cant have fully loaded Special Edition as you stil have 4 more trims after it , it only got 1 $500 option from Honda on top of $43kcar

you dont get Parking Sensors Special Edition , it is not an option to add ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone seen major updates to your MY23 orders? Like having the ETA updated, or having a VIN number made available?
2023 Outbacks are open for factory orders one month earlier, and folks have been posting solid updates at least a month earlier also.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts