Subaru Ascent Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
BMW 7 seaters start at around $63k. Audi Q7 (cheapest 7 seater) starts at $58k. Mercedes GLS class (7 seater SUV) starts at $77k and the E Class Wagon 7 seater starts at $68k.

None of them are in the ballpark of a top trim priced Ascent after tax/title/etc. :) Especially when you start adding on technology packages that are required to keep them on-par with the Ascent.

Just making a point, if you want to shop luxury for a comparable sized vehicle you need to add another $15k minimum.
Not to mention the cost of oil changes and whatnot are considerably higher for those brands. :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
$53k doesn't feel like you got much of a discount - did you try negotiating at all? I got a price for the Touring with the Popular package and a hitch and the MSRP was $50k pre-tax. Would have been $54k out the door.
Discounts in my part of the world are being able to pay MSRP instead of having a dealer that marks up the cost of the car above that due to higher demand allowing them to charge such a crazy price.

·
Registered
309 Posts
$53k doesn't feel like you got much of a discount - did you try negotiating at all? I got a price for the Touring with the Popular package and a hitch and the MSRP was $50k pre-tax. Would have been $54k out the door.
I can only think of once (maybe twice) in the last year or two that I have heard of ANYONE getting under MSRP without using VIP, and that was only $1K off. Discounts just are not happening right now. Even VIP is not as good as it was. That will continue to be the state of things until the supply chain issues are resolved.

Also, he said his price includes taxes so it is basically the same as yours I think.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I can only think of once (maybe twice) in the last year or two that I have heard of ANYONE getting under MSRP without using VIP, and that was only $1K off. Discounts just are not happening right now. Even VIP is not as good as it was. That will continue to be the state of things until the supply chain issues are resolved.

Also, he said his price includes taxes so it is basically the same as yours I think.
That's correct.

Only discount I got was $500 because my previous Subaru was also a brand new purchase from the same dealer about 3 years back.

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
774 Posts
Ordered our '23 Ascent Touring (white with black interior) at Liberty Subaru, NJ. OTD price including taxes, etc came to $53,855.
I ordered from Liberty last year and I was not able to get any good tracking information. I think that's because we (in the NY/NJ area) have our Subarus distributed through Subaru Distributors Corp. (SDC), which is a different entity than most of the country. It was frustrating since it took me nearly 6 months to get my Ascent, and when I asked about tracking I was never able to get a good answer. I didn't press it much because I knew it was out of the dealer's hands. This was at the start of the supply chain issues (Spring/Summer 2021) so there were a lot of unknowns.

If you're able to figure out the tracking process please let us know. There are quite a few people in our area that order from Liberty, both here and on the Outback forum.

Unrelated article, but it includes a blurb about SDC:

About Subaru Distributors Corp.
Established in 1975 and based in Orangeburg, NY, Subaru Distributors Corp. (SDC) is the independent distributor that franchises Subaru retailers throughout New York state and the northern eleven counties of New Jersey, selling and distributing Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories to its 67 retailer partners. SDC supports local and national charities and, with its Subaru retailers, enthusiastically embraces and supports the Subaru Love Promise and all that it stands for.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring / 2020 Forester Touring
882 Posts
Oh myyyyyyyyyy… $53 on a non-luxury make…that’s insane compulsive spending! You could had an Audi, BMW and maybe Mercedes for that price! That’s one expensive CVT 4 cylinder you gonna have to live with and try to convince your coworkers why your Touring is the best thing out there!! I ordered a 23 Premium for $39,000 and I believe that’s fair for what this suv is should be worth!
i like to see new X7 ( i need 6-7 seats ) for $53k last i checked base model is 77.8K
MB GLE 7 seater is unusable and GLS also start from 77k ..

in your Premium
you dont get
"leather " seats
Heated steering
Ventilated front seats
Heated Rear seats
DriverFocus
Smart Rear-View Mirror with camera
Surround View Monitor
Cabin Connect
memory seat and mirrors (mirrors starting 2023)
and i am not counting many standard "eazy add" options

all of it for $130-140 extra per month ...

·
Registered
21 Ascent Premium, 18 Outback Ltd 2.5
774 Posts
That’s one expensive CVT 4 cylinder you gonna have to live with and try to convince your coworkers why your Touring is the best thing out there!!
I'd venture to guess most of us DNGAF about convincing our coworkers of anything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I ordered from Liberty last year and I was not able to get any good tracking information. I think that's because we (in the NY/NJ area) have our Subarus distributed through Subaru Distributors Corp. (SDC), which is a different entity than most of the country. It was frustrating since it took me nearly 6 months to get my Ascent, and when I asked about tracking I was never able to get a good answer. I didn't press it much because I knew it was out of the dealer's hands. This was at the start of the supply chain issues (Spring/Summer 2021) so there were a lot of unknowns.

If you're able to figure out the tracking process please let us know. There are quite a few people in our area that order from Liberty, both here and on the Outback forum.

Unrelated article, but it includes a blurb about SDC:
Ah, that's interesting. Thanks! Will post back once I have some updates.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi all,

Ordered our '23 Ascent Touring (white with black interior) at Liberty Subaru, NJ. OTD price including taxes, etc came to $53,855.

Is there any website (failcat equivalent) for Subaru where we can track the orders, with the order number, etc that we were given? Just curious.

Thanks!
You can try this. But I get the impression most don't have much luck. Trying to track a vehicle order through the shipping company seems a possible security risk. But hey, it's better than the response about the price you paid. 😄
How to track the shipment of your ordered/shipped Subaru....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
309 Posts
So here was my experience with tracking on my Forester order last year. All Subaru tracking that I am aware of happens through the Mysubaru.com website. I never got an email directly from subaru after my initial order. I've heard of others getting that and I THINK being able to sign up for mysubaru using that, but I'm not sure. When the dealer got my VIN was when I was finally able to sign up. This did not give a ton of into, but it did give some. Specifically I think it was about 4 entries including the "at dealership" entry. Here is a screenshot I took back when it was happening.

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Document

Other than this, I think some have been able to find their VIN numbers on the manifests of boat shipping from Japan, but that is not the easiest to do. Also, it does not apply for the Ascent since it is manufactured in Indiana.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,878 Posts
How do you know if a dealer offers VIP?
It's not "offer"...it's "'are they participating in the program". You have to ask them. And do that before you plunk down your qualifying contribution to the charity partner, too.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I just ordered my 2023 Ascent Limited 2 days ago and the salesman told me once the factory has the order and produce a vin # for my order then I will have a better idea when the car will come in. But he is aiming late Nov to arrive at the dealer. Hope that helps! If in doubt, call your salesman! 🙂
Congrats!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd venture to guess most of us DNGAF about convincing our coworkers of anything.
That’s a bad deal…. One of my coworkers just bought a 2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition AWD for $51,000 from Paramus Honda in New Jersey … that’s an excellent deal.. fully loaded… 20 inch black wheels, leather seats, black chrome exterior, sunroof and premium speakers system for the radio. You could have save yourself $2000.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
5,878 Posts
Reactions: packout and rlb81

·
Registered
201 Posts
That’s a bad deal…. One of my coworkers just bought a 2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition AWD for $51,000 from Paramus Honda in New Jersey … that’s an excellent deal.. fully loaded… 20 inch black wheels, leather seats, black chrome exterior, sunroof and premium speakers system for the radio. You could have save yourself $2000.
Here's the difference that I see.

A 2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition starts at $40k. And that's not even the top trim. The top trim starts at just under $52k. Meaning your co-worker added $11k of options to get the fully loaded version to reach that $51k MSRP. Is your co-workers $51k after tax/title/registration/fees?

A 2022 Subaru Ascent Touring (top trim) starts at $46k. No packages available, but adding wireless charging, additional rear USB ports, trailer hitch and auto dimming approach lights, the MSRP is $48k

$3k less than the Honda assuming we are comparing MSRP to MSRP.

No idea what the 2023 pricing is for the Honda Pilot, but sure it'll be at least a couple thousand more than current pricing, making the Subaru just as good of a deal as it currently is vs the Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Again, that's just your opinion. Honda Pilot is terrible box on wheels is my thought. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. Plus, it seems like you care more about what others think than how a product serves you or whether it is something you want or like. But hey, if that helps you sleep peacefully at night, good for you.

EDIT: OTD price for 2023 touring was ~$54K which included - vehicle price ($48k), accessories ($1k), transportation ($1,235), taxes/fees (~$3,550). If your friend paid $11k of upgrades, etc that itself tells story of what a poor choice that was. Again, to each their own.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Here's the difference that I see.

A 2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition starts at $40k. And that's not even the top trim. The top trim starts at just under $52k. Meaning your co-worker added $11k of options to get the fully loaded version to reach that $51k MSRP. Is your co-workers $51k after tax/title/registration/fees?

A 2022 Subaru Ascent Touring (top trim) starts at $46k. No packages available, but adding wireless charging, additional rear USB ports, trailer hitch and auto dimming approach lights, the MSRP is $48k

$3k less than the Honda assuming we are comparing MSRP to MSRP.

No idea what the 2023 pricing is for the Honda Pilot, but sure it'll be at least a couple thousand more than current pricing, making the Subaru just as good of a deal as it currently is vs the Honda Pilot.
Landshark - I gotto say that I admire the detailed, rational response :) even when it is clear that BrooklynSA has their mind set a certain way - and think that the Ascent is not worth the price on anything except one specific trim.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts