Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ordered our '23 Ascent Touring (white with black interior) at Liberty Subaru, NJ. OTD price including taxes, etc came to $53,855.

Is there any website (failcat equivalent) for Subaru where we can track the orders, with the order number, etc that we were given? Just curious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,935 Posts
Hi all,

Ordered our '23 Ascent Touring (white with black interior) at Liberty Subaru, NJ. OTD price including taxes, etc came to $53,855.

Is there any website (failcat equivalent) for Subaru where we can track the orders, with the order number, etc that we were given? Just curious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Thanks, but not sure how that helps with the tracking of a new vehicle order.
it doesn't not. I was responding to the quoted price point, which reflects the growing average new car price increase which in turn is increasingly un-affordable for the average car buyer. the average consumer is being squeezed out of the new car market.

Rectangle Slope Line Plot Font

·
Registered
63 Posts
Something interesting I thought about the pricing of the loaded 2017 XLT Explorer I bought new back then and just sold compared to the 2023 Ascent Limited w/opt 23 tech package were both about the same price, (~$46K) even though the Ascent has far more tech in it and is five years newer.

To answer the OP question though, you and I are both waiting on the next step which is for the 2022 models to wrap so they can switch over to the 23's. I've tried digging around to see if we can even get the date for that. So far I haven't found anything. Anywho, once they start production, our next inkling will the sales rep being sent the VIN for the car, then things get real and should put us about a month out from delivery. Hopefully you have a sales person that you enjoyed working with that will help keep you up to date as things progress.

The real reason I want to know the 2023 production start date though is so I can plan a trip to the plant for a tour. This is my first Subaru and it'd be fun to think one of the units on the tour might actually be the one I have on order. We're truly privileged to be able to order what we want though, so I try to remain patient and humble. November is going to be an exciting month though!

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Something interesting I thought about the pricing of the loaded 2017 XLT Explorer I bought new back then and just sold compared to the 2023 Ascent Limited w/opt 23 tech package were both about the same price, (~$46K) even though the Ascent has far more tech in it and is five years newer.

To answer the OP question though, you and I are both waiting on the next step which is for the 2022 models to wrap so they can switch over to the 23's. I've tried digging around to see if we can even get the date for that. So far I haven't found anything. Anywho, once they start production, our next inkling will the sales rep being sent the VIN for the car, then things get real and should put us about a month out from delivery. Hopefully you have a sales person that you enjoyed working with that will help keep you up to date as things progress.

The real reason I want to know the 2023 production start date though is so I can plan a trip to the plant for a tour. This is my first Subaru and it'd be fun to think one of the units on the tour might actually be the one I have on order. We're truly privileged to be able to order what we want though, so I try to remain patient and humble. November is going to be an exciting month though!
the sales reps are taking orders now for 2023 Ascents and stating that delivery expectations are for November- early December.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it doesn't not. I was responding to the quoted price point, which reflects the growing average new car price increase which in turn is increasingly un-affordable for the average car buyer. the average consumer is being squeezed out of the new car market.

Sure, but that's not something that is a big surprise, if we are all following the trends and looking at prices for everything all over.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Congrats! This is our second. We already have a 2020 Forester Touring which we bought at the same dealership as well. The people there are great, which is one of the main reasons we went there this time around as well.

I will give it a few weeks and reach back to them to see if they have any updates (and post back here if I do).

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks!
IF you are near a Cassens Transport Terminal and ONCE you get a VIN Number AND after it's released to be shipped, you can track it on down the road right to your dealership at this website: Cassens Transport Looking at the map, it appears that they (Liberty Subaru) are about 25 miles from the terminal - which means, you should be able to track it once it's loaded to be shipped. Unless they've (Cassens) changed the website, you will be able to see exactly where the transport truck is along the road and even see the paperwork that it was delivered, what time and who signed for it. And you will also be able to see what other vehicles are on the truck also. It's been 3 years since I've used it, hopefully nothing has changed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks!
Oh myyyyyyyyyy… $53 on a non-luxury make…that’s insane compulsive spending! You could had an Audi, BMW and maybe Mercedes for that price! That’s one expensive CVT 4 cylinder you gonna have to live with and try to convince your coworkers why your Touring is the best thing out there!! I ordered a 23 Premium for $39,000 and I believe that’s fair for what this suv is should be worth!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks!
I just ordered my 2023 Ascent Limited 2 days ago and the salesman told me once the factory has the order and produce a vin # for my order then I will have a better idea when the car will come in. But he is aiming late Nov to arrive at the dealer. Hope that helps! If in doubt, call your salesman! 🙂

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oh myyyyyyyyyy… $53 on a non-luxury make…that’s insane compulsive spending! You could had an Audi, BMW and maybe Mercedes for that price! That’s one expensive CVT 4 cylinder you gonna have to live with and try to convince your coworkers why your Touring is the best thing out there!! I ordered a 23 Premium for $39,000 and I believe that’s fair for what this suv is should be worth!
BMW 7 seaters start at around $63k. Audi Q7 (cheapest 7 seater) starts at $58k. Mercedes GLS class (7 seater SUV) starts at $77k and the E Class Wagon 7 seater starts at $68k.

None of them are in the ballpark of a top trim priced Ascent after tax/title/etc. :) Especially when you start adding on technology packages that are required to keep them on-par with the Ascent.

Just making a point, if you want to shop luxury for a comparable sized vehicle you need to add another $15k minimum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
$53k doesn't feel like you got much of a discount - did you try negotiating at all? I got a price for the Touring with the Popular package and a hitch and the MSRP was $50k pre-tax. Would have been $54k out the door.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
With all due respect, it is highly presumptuous of you to think that you know the value proposition of every single vehicle out there. If you are happy with your $39K premium, good for you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$53k doesn't feel like you got much of a discount - did you try negotiating at all? I got a price for the Touring with the Popular package and a hitch and the MSRP was $50k pre-tax. Would have been $54k out the door.
Spot on. $54K was the OTD price for me, as mentioned in my original thread (vehicle price, accessories, taxes, fees, discounts, etc etc).

This is my second Subaru from the same dealer, and I did not participate in any ASPCA, etc programs, so did not discuss the VIP price. I am happy with the price I paid. This was in the ballpark of what I was expecting, so it was not a huge surprise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BMW 7 seaters start at around $63k. Audi Q7 (cheapest 7 seater) starts at $58k. Mercedes GLS class (7 seater SUV) starts at $77k and the E Class Wagon 7 seater starts at $68k.

None of them are in the ballpark of a top trim priced Ascent after tax/title/etc. :) Especially when you start adding on technology packages that are required to keep them on-par with the Ascent.

Just making a point, if you want to shop luxury for a comparable sized vehicle you need to add another $15k minimum.
Yep.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IF you are near a Cassens Transport Terminal and ONCE you get a VIN Number AND after it's released to be shipped, you can track it on down the road right to your dealership at this website: Cassens Transport Looking at the map, it appears that they (Liberty Subaru) are about 25 miles from the terminal - which means, you should be able to track it once it's loaded to be shipped. Unless they've (Cassens) changed the website, you will be able to see exactly where the transport truck is along the road and even see the paperwork that it was delivered, what time and who signed for it. And you will also be able to see what other vehicles are on the truck also. It's been 3 years since I've used it, hopefully nothing has changed.
This is excellent. Thank you so much! I will give this a try once I get more updates (and VIN!) from the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How does this offer compare with the popular VIP program @ invoice?
Not sure - I haven't been able to get a quote at invoice yet. I'm not sure if any of the dealers locally do VIP (none are in the spreadsheet from another thread on here). How do you know if a dealer offers VIP?

Last time I bought a subaru I bought it from Grand, but based on my discussion with Grand they are no longer able to sell vehicles outside of a 200 mile radius and I don't live within that range.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Not sure - I haven't been able to get a quote at invoice yet. I'm not sure if any of the dealers locally do VIP (none are in the spreadsheet from another thread on here). How do you know if a dealer offers VIP?

Last time I bought a subaru I bought it from Grand, but based on my discussion with Grand they are no longer able to sell vehicles outside of a 200 mile radius and I don't live within that range.
I've also been having trouble finding a local dealership that will do anything below MSRP or accept VIP, costco auto, etc.

Was hoping to get a little bit below MSRP, but the more times goes on the less likely it seems.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts