Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Forgive me if I missed where this question may have already been answered by someone else.

I ordered an Ascent Touring on 8/11. A few days ago, my salesmen texted me a screenshot of the latest status of my vehicle. It showed a "Scheduled Date" of 8/31 and an "Estimated Arrival" of 9/26/2018; no "Release Date" or "Railship Date" (they are blank on this screenshot). I have also been told and read that the ETAs from Subaru are nowhere near accurate and expect them to be off at least 3 weeks. What does "Scheduled Date" mean and is the ETA reasonable given the Scheduled and order dates or should I expect October sometime?

Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hello,

Forgive me if I missed where this question may have already been answered by someone else.

I ordered an Ascent Touring on 8/11. A few days ago, my salesmen texted me a screenshot of the latest status of my vehicle. It showed a "Scheduled Date" of 8/31 and an "Estimated Arrival" of 9/26/2018; no "Release Date" or "Railship Date" (they are blank on this screenshot). I have also been told and read that the ETAs from Subaru are nowhere near accurate and expect them to be off at least 3 weeks. What does "Scheduled Date" mean and is the ETA reasonable given the Scheduled and order dates or should I expect October sometime?

Thanks!
Scheduled is when it is scheduled to get the accessories put on it. Release date won't show until its actually released. Same with Rail ship. That date will be punched as it happens. The only one you need to worry about is the ETA. There was a brief moment when they were getting delayed but all my September ETAs have been within a day or two.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scheduled is when it is scheduled to get the accessories put on it. Release date won't show until its actually released. Same with Rail ship. That date will be punched as it happens. The only one you need to worry about is the ETA. There was a brief moment when they were getting delayed but all my September ETAs have been within a day or two.
Thank you! Follow-up questions: "Release Date" would be when it is released from the factory to the rail shipper? "Railship Date" would be the date it was put on a train? Same with "Truckship date"? So "Estimated Arrival" date would be the estimated time it is due to arrive at the dealership, factoring in rail/truck shipping times? Just trying to understand the terms.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thank you! Follow-up questions: "Release Date" would be when it is released from the factory to the rail shipper? "Railship Date" would be the date it was put on a train? Same with "Truckship date"? So "Estimated Arrival" date would be the estimated time it is due to arrive at the dealership, factoring in rail/truck shipping times? Just trying to understand the terms.

Correct.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to keep asking questions. I still don't quite understand something. I ordered 8/11. The scheduled date, which you said was the date it was set to get accessories put on it, has passed. Does this imply the vehicle has actually been built? I mean, the time between order (8/11) and scheduled date (8/31) is only 20 days. Could it have been built in that time frame? Just seems faster than I would expect. I assumed scheduled date meant the date it was scheduled into the factory to actually start being built. Again, I thank you for all the help!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sorry to keep asking questions. I still don't quite understand something. I ordered 8/11. The scheduled date, which you said was the date it was set to get accessories put on it, has passed. Does this imply the vehicle has actually been built? I mean, the time between order (8/11) and scheduled date (8/31) is only 20 days. Could it have been built in that time frame? Just seems faster than I would expect. I assumed scheduled date meant the date it was scheduled into the factory to actually start being built. Again, I thank you for all the help!
What has happened is the dealer you ordered from already had a similar model in their pipeline when you ordered. So rather than Subaru creating an all new order and making you wait longer, they just took that one and added the accessories you wanted. You are one of the lucky few :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What has happened is the dealer you ordered from already had a similar model in their pipeline when you ordered. So rather than Subaru creating an all new order and making you wait longer, they just took that one and added the accessories you wanted. You are one of the lucky few :)
You, sir, just made my weekend! It all makes sense now. I ordered a CWP Touring, which is the most popular color on what I think is the most popular trim (this may not be correct). It makes sense that dealership would have had one of these on order already. It also explains that when we placed the order and I received my VON, they said Subaru had originally estimated early September, which I thought was REALLY fast. I just assumed it was an aggressive guess by Subaru, but with this new information, all the pieces fell into place. Thank you again for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.