Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm taking delivery of my Ascent tomorrow from a dealer 2 hours away.

I'm just curious about how it works if I find something wrong later (or something goes wrong). I don't have to drive it to the ordered dealer, right? My local one will take care of it?

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You don't really have to take it back to the dealer where you purchased it, BUT you may not get the same benefits at a different dealer. For instance, the original dealer may give you a loaner car, but the dealer closer to you may not, since you did not purchase the vehicle there. There may be other perks, such as in house warranties, etc.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't really have to take it back to the dealer where you purchased it, BUT you may not get the same benefits at a different dealer. For instance, the original dealer may give you a loaner car, but the dealer closer to you may not, since you did not purchase the vehicle there. There may be other perks, such as in house warranties, etc.
Well that would suck if my local one didn't give me a loaner. I for sure can't drive 2 hours when I need service.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm somewhat in the same boat
I ordered mine from a dealer about an hour away, whereas i have a 1 dealer 10 minutes away, but i don't like their style so i refuse to deal with them (names on request) and another 3 30 minutes away.

I will probably make the drive to get major work done, and hope they give me a loaner; in a pinch I will pick the 3 that are 30 away.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So, I'm taking delivery of my Ascent tomorrow from a dealer 2 hours away.

I'm just curious about how it works if I find something wrong later (or something goes wrong). I don't have to drive it to the ordered dealer, right? My local one will take care of it?
Has worked fine for me with my past Subie's.

·
Registered
357 Posts
usually dealers make the most money off of service so I would think they would be happy you brought the car to them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has worked fine for me with my past Subie's.
Did the non-ordering dealer give you a loaner? That's what I'm most worried about. Two working parents and two kids. One car just isn't doable :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Our dealer is an 8 hour drive away! Doubt we'll ever see that dealership again once we drive off the lot and start the 500 mile drive home.
The 3/36 warranty is backed by Subaru, not the selling dealership. So one expects any dealership to honor that factory warranty. Our selling dealership throws in 2 years of free maintenance, but since we probably won't be back, I don't expect my local dealership to honor that. But I do expect and see no reason why I shouldn't receive the same quality of service work at any dealership, regardless of where the car was bought.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Our dealer is an 8 hour drive away! Doubt we'll ever see that dealership again once we drive off the lot and start the 500 mile drive home.
The 3/36 warranty is backed by Subaru, not the selling dealership. So one expects any dealership to honor that factory warranty. Our selling dealership throws in 2 years of free maintenance, but since we probably won't be back, I don't expect my local dealership to honor that. But I do expect and see no reason why I shouldn't receive the same quality of service work at any dealership, regardless of where the car was bought.
Depending if you bought the car in the same state that 2 year free maint. may be good. Read it over carefully and see if it from BMW or the dealer or both. Good luck, but check it out. Jeff

·
Registered
627 Posts
You can service it anywhere within your mfg warranty period. I don't see why not, we did that with our other Subaru, same with my Chevy truck.

3yr/36k etc.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Is this something that is brought up(via computer) to the service departments attention when your car is brought in for service? Where the car was purchased?
Do they track that information somehow?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is this something that is brought up(via computer) to the service departments attention when your car is brought in for service? Where the car was purchased?
Do they track that information somehow?
I have bought and had our Subarus serviced at multiple different locations and never had issues with service loaners even when the cars were out of warranty. Most don't care where it was purchased, because they want to earn your business and a great service experience is worth more than any sales relationship considering the amount spent on maintenance and repairs compared to margin on new vehicles

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in AZ, purchased in Colorado and drove it home... We have it serviced/warranty with the Subaru extended warranty/maintenance program (thankfully no warranty issues so far) and my local dealer they treat me as if i purchased there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts