Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered a White Touring back in March. The salesman told me he had just been though the Ascent training, but he was unsure of any options or specifics of anything. Told him all we were looking for xtra was the approach lighting/dimming mirrors, and mud gaurds. Months go by and i hadn't heard anything update wise from the dealership, so a few weeks ago I call asking for some updates. The salesman tells me vehicle should be in late June/early July. That timeframe comes and goes with no updates. I reach out again in the end of July. salesman tells me vehicle is set to ship out July 25 and should be there within a few days. (I live in central NJ). I call back around July 30. He tells me it should be there any day now. I explain to him that I have a vacation planned starting Aug 6 and was wondering if the vehicle would be in before I left. He assures me several times that it will definitely be here. So, of course I tell my wife that our drive down to SC will be in her new Ascent. Vehicle doesn't show up. Now I'm pretty irritated. Friday Aug 10 I call to speak with the GM, who tells me that vehicle should have arrived July 27 and the system shows it as complete and en route. He also tells the system has updated and changed expected arrival date to Aug 14 and he has no idea why it is being held at Port Newark. The salesman finally responds to my text messages later that night with some story about how there is a strike at the vehicle railhead. (i'm like 95% sure that's not true)
I'm wondering if anyone else has had such trouble getting there vehicle in. I'm also thinking maybe this has something to do with stop sale from the missing welds issue. Anyone in the Northeast having similar issues?

I recently just read that a few people with white tourings were told their vehicle were held at the railhead for "additional QA"
Any Thoughts?
Bryon

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just curious, don't the Ascent made in Indiana? Wondering why it would be at Port
They indeed are made in Lafayette, Indiana

as to why they call it a port is beyond me, but it usually means railhead or receiving center.

·
Registered
764 Posts
They are doing the weld recall inspections at the port/railhead if they have not been delivered to the dealerships. Shouldn't hold it up too long, but that is probably the reason.

Other reasons could be normal everyday things like too many of their truck drivers are on vacation :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think they carried the term over for when they built cars only in Japan, although my STi was at port when it came over ;)

I am like you as well though ordered in march car was suppose to be at the dealer on August 6th I am in the two state away so my car comes via truck, and nothing dealer says its waiting on a truck. I also like you had a July delivery date and its almost the middle of august no car.

I will be glad when this is over the everything up in the air still is what it getting to me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think they carried the term over for when they built cars only in Japan, although my STi was at port when it came over ;)

I am like you as well though ordered in march car was suppose to be at the dealer on August 6th I am in the two state away so my car comes via truck, and nothing dealer says its waiting on a truck. I also like you had a July delivery date and its almost the middle of august no car.

I will be glad when this is over the everything up in the air still is what it getting to me.
Man, I can't imagine ordering in March and not getting till August! I'm going bonkers ordering in end of June and getting told August. What trim and color did you go for>?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Man, I can't imagine ordering in March and not getting till August! I'm going bonkers ordering in end of June and getting told August. What trim and color did you go for>?

White Touring for us.

I kind of went into this knowing hey its going to be a wait and they are not even going to start building them until May, but good grief its starting to get old, especially when we thought it was going to be the end of July delivery, but who knows may call today say its in but not getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I pre-ordered a White Touring back in March. The salesman told me he had just been though the Ascent training, but he was unsure of any options or specifics of anything. Told him all we were looking for xtra was the approach lighting/dimming mirrors, and mud gaurds. Months go by and i hadn't heard anything update wise from the dealership, so a few weeks ago I call asking for some updates. The salesman tells me vehicle should be in late June/early July. That timeframe comes and goes with no updates. I reach out again in the end of July. salesman tells me vehicle is set to ship out July 25 and should be there within a few days. (I live in central NJ). I call back around July 30. He tells me it should be there any day now. I explain to him that I have a vacation planned starting Aug 6 and was wondering if the vehicle would be in before I left. He assures me several times that it will definitely be here. So, of course I tell my wife that our drive down to SC will be in her new Ascent. Vehicle doesn't show up. Now I'm pretty irritated. Friday Aug 10 I call to speak with the GM, who tells me that vehicle should have arrived July 27 and the system shows it as complete and en route. He also tells the system has updated and changed expected arrival date to Aug 14 and he has no idea why it is being held at Port Newark. The salesman finally responds to my text messages later that night with some story about how there is a strike at the vehicle railhead. (i'm like 95% sure that's not true)
I'm wondering if anyone else has had such trouble getting there vehicle in. I'm also thinking maybe this has something to do with stop sale from the missing welds issue. Anyone in the Northeast having similar issues?

I recently just read that a few people with white tourings were told their vehicle were held at the railhead for "additional QA"
Any Thoughts?
Bryon

Not sure about the railhead and other reason you hearing but there is a group of us: https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/...ders-purchasing/2991-july-push-back-crew.html I also ordered in Mar and am still waiting...My car has been complete for a few weeks and is sitting 200 miles away in Indiana.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My white touring had a delivery date of July 31 and still isn't here. My dealer was told there was a delay with white tourings.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My white touring had a delivery date of July 31 and still isn't here. My dealer was told there was a delay with white tourings.

Yea, I am one of 2 that I know of that my dealer has stuck in the black hole.

I called SOA today to kind of check in my new delivery date is 8-14 which is tomorrow but they do not even show the car leaving Indiana yet sigh.... oh well the wait continues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called the dealer today around 10am looking for an update. They told me that it would be there today. It's now 4 and I still haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea, I am one of 2 that I know of that my dealer has stuck in the black hole.

I called SOA today to kind of check in my new delivery date is 8-14 which is tomorrow but they do not even show the car leaving Indiana yet sigh.... oh well the wait continues.
Did yours come in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered a blue touring with hitch in early May and was told July 14th delivery. On the 14th I was told August 17th. Since I haven’t received any communication from SOA I doubt I’ll be getting it 3 days. I live in Florida.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Did yours come in?
Why Heck no, they close at 8pm so we could get a call but doubt it.

We actually just cleaned out the outback and cleaned it up a touch so hopefully that will bring us some good karma.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not today either. It wouldn't be so bad if they had any info at all, as opposed to just telling me every day it will be there

·
Registered
304 Posts
I understand everyone's frustration here. Trust me, I know it sucks. I purchased my STI before it even left the port in Gunma, Japan and that was the longest 3 weeks of my life. But the dealer likely isn't going to have any contact with the freight company until the driver calls and tells them when he'll be in. My best advice is to ask your salesman to call you when the delivery is confirmed, or when the car hauler gets to the dealership. It'll take some time to unload the vehicles and then they have to prep the car and PDI it to make sure its perfect. If you're local to your dealership you can probably get there by the time they have it off the truck and they're cleaning it up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I understand everyone's frustration here. Trust me, I know it sucks. I purchased my STI before it even left the port in Gunma, Japan and that was the longest 3 weeks of my life. But the dealer likely isn't going to have any contact with the freight company until the driver calls and tells them when he'll be in. My best advice is to ask your salesman to call you when the delivery is confirmed, or when the car hauler gets to the dealership. It'll take some time to unload the vehicles and then they have to prep the car and PDI it to make sure its perfect. If you're local to your dealership you can probably get there by the time they have it off the truck and they're cleaning it up.
I did the same with my STI it was a long few weeks but for me this is going on 5 months for the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I called the dealer today around 10am looking for an update. They told me that it would be there today. It's now 4 and I still haven't heard anything.
Any luck? Mine was pushed again to 31 Aug...so I order 23 Mar and know I waiting till basically September. Fml. Love that July delivery! Ha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They tell me every day that the truck will be there today... Its not like they tell me it should be soon and I just expect it to be today

1 - 20 of 33 Posts