Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone was able to get under invoice pricing? I figure not, but worth asking. I ordered the Touring in Blue Abyss Pearl, adding options such as the side mirror dimmer and approach lighting, tow package, bumper protection, side protection, door sill and dig protection and the rear seat back protection, front window shade so as not to mess with the front cameras. With tax, destination fee has come in right at $50,000. Anyone else tell me what they paid for theirs, discounts? Thanks!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just wondering if anyone was able to get under invoice pricing? I figure not, but worth asking. I ordered the Touring in Blue Abyss Pearl, adding options such as the side mirror dimmer and approach lighting, tow package, bumper protection, side protection, door sill and dig protection and the rear seat back protection, front window shade so as not to mess with the front cameras. With tax, destination fee has come in right at $50,000. Anyone else tell me what they paid for theirs, discounts? Thanks!!
There are dealers still selling below invoice. I received pricing from Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs that was about $500 below invoice which was a lot better than anything I've found in Florida, but to have it shipped to me adds about $1000 so I'm still debating whether to order it or pay a little more locally. There's also a dealer in Louisville that is selling at invoice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Placed order and deposit_Waiting for test drive.

Got the limited silver with hitch for $37,313. Which I think is a few hundred below invoice. This was in Vancouver Wa
I placed the preorder and deposit. I'm waiting for the test drive before fully committing to the deal and was recently notified the vehicle will most likely be in by mid to late August.
Ordered in the Bay Area, California, got just about the same pricing for the premium with the 7 seat convenience package and tow package. I'll be purchasing the crossbars with the extended flat tops at a later time.

Subaru Premium
Magnetite Gray
7 Seat Convenience Package
Tow Receiver

·
Registered
598 Posts
Anyone having an issue asking the dealer what's the invoice price for the specs you want before asking what price they want to sell for?
This shouldn't be an issue or up to the dealer to provide. All these prices are available on the interest via cars, edmunds, costco.com etc. I'd suggest you look up the build you want based on invoice and then compare to what the dealership is offering the same build sale's price to be.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone having an issue asking the dealer what's the invoice price for the specs you want before asking what price they want to sell for?
If a sales rep isn't willing to tell you what they have for invoice prices, then I'd hesitate working with this sales rep. Burutoo is right - you can find this info online (and on this forum).

In this day and age where so much info are available online, I'm befuddled by why some sales reps play these "car salesman" games. Customer service starts with trust and transparency, and hiding info or lying give too easy a reason for doubt and mistrust.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ordered a Premium 8-passenger Ascent in Crystal White Pearl with Black interior, with option package 14, all weather floor liners, and the Rockford Fosgate Audio upgrade for $36,550 (going through Allstate TrueCar pricing) before using our Owner's Loyalty Incentive. So after applying our OLI (and before tax, title, and license) we are paying $36,050. Invoice on this model with options and accessories listed is $36,959.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Two dealers nearby come back at me with MSRP price.

Your build would be $43,911 plus title, tax and license sir.

From the other dealer;
Hi,
That MSRP is a true value for the car. New Ascents are going for more than that at most dealers. You may see a discount after the first of the year, but due to scarcity and demand, it can only be offered at the price I quoted.

2019 Subaru Ascent Limited
8 Passenger
Accessories:
Trailer Hitch
Side Window Deflector
Rear Seatback Protector
Crossbar Set - Aero

I remember paying my Legacy on pre-order before launch was $1666 off MSRP.

·
Registered
965 Posts
When we were doing pre-order on Legacy and Outback before the 2015's hit, my new car manager was quite happy to get what he thought would be ten or fifteen cars at $500 over invoice, since at that point in time Outbacks weren't that hot of a selling car. Then the demand for the cars hit, and we were sold out for nearly two full years. (Basically August of 14 until March of 16).

Since we already know the demand for the Ascent is going to be high - considering we've had people ordering them since the middle of February, and most of us have sold out already at least through August and some into September - right now until the market changes things, everyone within 200 (actually closer to 400) miles of me is pricing them at MSRP. A few of the stores are rumored to be pricing them above MSRP, which ... I don't agree with, but it's up to us.

Heck, I just asked if I could 'steal' a sale from another dealer by giving a $500 discount and was told no. Not yet.

Does that mean that you can't find some deals out there? Not at all. But supply and demand are going to be what matters, and once these cars DO hit the lots and all those people who were just thinking about it see and drive one ... I expect us to pretty well stay sold out until sometime NEXT fall. (I know I personally have more people who were waiting until they could see one in person before pulling the trigger than have pre-ordered them - and we've sold 30 of them.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Two dealers nearby come back at me with MSRP price.

Your build would be $43,911 plus title, tax and license sir.

From the other dealer;
Hi,
That MSRP is a true value for the car. New Ascents are going for more than that at most dealers. You may see a discount after the first of the year, but due to scarcity and demand, it can only be offered at the price I quoted.

2019 Subaru Ascent Limited
8 Passenger
Accessories:
Trailer Hitch
Side Window Deflector
Rear Seatback Protector
Crossbar Set - Aero

Where are you located and are you only interested in local dealers?

I haven’t met one dealer quoting above MSRP, and I’ve contacted over two dozen. “Most” dealers are charging MSRP and not above. That sales person is selling you wolf tickets and I wouldn’t buy a car from him/her based on principle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where are you located and are you only interested in local dealers?

I haven’t met one dealer quoting above MSRP, and I’ve contacted over two dozen. “Most” dealers are charging MSRP and not above. That salesperson is selling you wolf tickets and I wouldn’t buy a car from him/her based on principle.
I'm in New Orleans, LA and willing to travel to Houston, TX and within 300miles range. I bought the 2015 Legacy pre-order before launch date for $1666 under MSRP, 2nd 2016 Legacy was VIP invoice price. We're also considered a used Benz GL450 if we're not getting a deal under MSRP.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts