Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this day and age of HD radio ans SiriusXM this radio only has 18 memories? I need at least double that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
While i could see someone needing a lot of presets i would venture a guess that 18 is more than enough for most drivers.

I think my current car has 12 (maybe 18), i use 6 of them and i really only listen to 3 of the channels with any regularity.

And that's commuting back and forth between the Philly / NY markets!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I haven't even setup any presets. Stream everything through my phone.

Reactions: sloheim

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm with you, I find the lack of presets frustrating. My old 2004 Accord had 30 presets (12 FM,12 SXM, and 6 AM) and I could use at least 6 more. The voice control is fine for tuning to make up for lack of presets but only works if I don't have car play on as Siri can't control the radio.

Reactions: JohnV11

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
Our mix of stations puts us at 20 stations in our OB. A mix between AM (4 stations), FM (6 stations) and SXM (10 stations). We will dumb the SXM down by 2 to meet the Ascent's limit. So it's a mild complaint I guess.

·
Registered
764 Posts
In this day and age of HD radio ans SiriusXM this radio only has 18 memories? I need at least double that.
The Legacy and Outback had room for 36 but Subaru found very few people would use them. 18 is more than enough for most people. I rarely use the 6 that I have preset.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You could set up multiple profiles which might help for different locations if your travel is consistent. But not so good if you need more than that in the same locale and have to switch back and forth.

When we travel, tend to just scan for new stations.

With SXM, we just have a few favs, and sometimes browse if we want to try something different.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Sierra had 3 pages of 18, I could keep it to 1 line like the ascent or slide it upso there full page of 18 was visible. I filled each spot. Mostly only used the first 20 to 25... thanks to xm radio

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The Ascent may be different than the 2018 Outback, but I don't like that the favorite presets are all mixed together. I cannot go to SXM and view all my preset SXM channels, then go to AM and view all my preset AM channels. I have to cycle through the 3 pages of presets to see all the channels. If I save an SXM, then a AM channel - they might be right next to each other. Not the way I would have preferred the system to be set up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You're gonna lose all of the presets anyways, so the number doesn't really matter.
This is not a universal problem. It has never happened to me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Ascent may be different than the 2018 Outback, but I don't like that the favorite presets are all mixed together. I cannot go to SXM and view all my preset SXM channels, then go to AM and view all my preset AM channels. I have to cycle through the 3 pages of presets to see all the channels. If I save an SXM, then a AM channel - they might be right next to each other. Not the way I would have preferred the system to be set up.
Can't you just use the first page of presets for XM channels, the second page for FM, and the third page for AM? (Or whatever your order of preference is?)

Reactions: Gueromeister

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can't you just use the first page of presets for XM channels, the second page for FM, and the third page for AM? (Or whatever your order of preference is?)

You could but you'd have to decide on the memories before storing them. As soon as you want to add another it goes to the end or you'd have to keep rearranging them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You could but you'd have to decide on the memories before storing them. As soon as you want to add another it goes to the end or you'd have to keep rearranging them.
Is this really any different than setting radio presets on any other radio?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts