Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my successful battery installation, I tried to replace the oem halogen interior lights with some LED units. As I was rocking the driver's side overhead lightbulb, the socket fixture that holds the light bulb popped out of whatever is holding it in place. So it look like I'm going to have to disassemble the entire cover to get to the bulb socket holder. UGH!!!

Here's the missing socket. The bulb on the passenger side has been changed.

I also removed the little cover plate between the two lights:

When I open the eyeglasses holder there are two bolts that look like they're holding the assembly to the ceiling. What else do I need to do to get the entire assembly off so I can get access to the bulb holder?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
After my successful battery installation, I tried to replace the oem halogen interior lights with some LED units. As I was rocking the driver's side overhead lightbulb, the socket fixture that holds the light bulb popped out of whatever is holding it in place. So it look like I'm going to have to disassemble the entire cover to get to the bulb socket holder. UGH!!!

View attachment 4204

View attachment 4205

When I open the eyeglasses holder there are two bolts that look like they're holding the assembly to the ceiling. What else do I need to do to get the entire assembly off so I can get access to the bulb holder?
View attachment 4206
I think the engine mounts need to come out first.:whistle:

·
Registered
567 Posts

View attachment 4204

View attachment 4205

View attachment 4206

View attachment 4204

View attachment 4205

View attachment 4206

View attachment 4204

View attachment 4205

Guess you didn't learn from my experience almost 2 years ago. Those two overhead bulbs do not twist for replacement purposes. I ended up going to the dealership. They charged regular fee for installing all (10 bulbs). They fixed the issue with the socket that fell inside and installed the rest of my bulbs for around $100.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
IIRC, after removing those two bolts the rest is clipped in and can be pried off. Clean fingers are a must or else the headliner will get marks on it. If you need to completely remove that asembly then the buttons will have to be unplugged from their harnesses as well.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IIRC, after removing those two bolts the rest is clipped in and can be pried off. Clean fingers are a must or else the headliner will get marks on it. If you need to completely remove that asembly then the buttons will have to be unplugged from their harnesses as well.
Good to know. I haven't tackled this yet as it's been 102 degrees daily. Gonna wait till it's a bit cooler lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts