Subaru Ascent Forum banner

One more ASCENT with water inside the floors after heavy rain

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Jia.Zee 
We were hit with the storm (IDA) in NJ on Wednesday and the next morning, as I was getting in the car, I noticed the floor was wet on the passenger side, and in the middle. No windows were open, sunroof was intact, so we weren't sure how the water had gotten in. We called and took the car to the dealership and they simply told us "we don't know what the problem is" and told us to contact the insurance. I am leasing the car with this dealership and I did not like the way they handled this. They kept saying "call the insurance - we don't have a diagnosis for you". Today is the second day after the storm and I have no idea what to do. I have kids under 10 and I am concerned about mold and rust developing in the car - not to mention other potential problems. Any suggestions?

Hey, the car was parked the entire time. It was sitting stationary in water deep enough to cover half the tire (rising water). All seats are dry and the third-row floor is also dry. Most water is by the passenger side and in the middle row.

In addition to the grommets that have been mentioned, it could have been the seals at the bottom of the door as the water rose to the level you indicate. They are not always 100% water tight, despite being intended to be that way. Being "under water" is a lot different than splashing through puddles. See if there's any evidence on the bottom of the door...sometimes dirty water will leave clues.
thank you, I'll check it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.