Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an onboard air compressor? Where’d you find the space, and do you have any model recommendations? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What’s the purpose of the air compressor going to be?
If it’s for a horn there’s space in the front grille/bumper area for small ones. If it’s for suspension mods I’d imagine it would be a little more intrusive to install...

·
Registered
408 Posts
What’s the purpose of the air compressor going to be?
If it’s for a horn there’s space in the front grille/bumper area for small ones. If it’s for suspension mods I’d imagine it would be a little more intrusive to install...
i'm guessing for one who plans to off-road the Ascent by lowering the tire pressure at the trail head, and thus being able to get back to correct pressure for the drive home.

If this is the case, I would just buy a portable SmittyBilt from amazon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would like to add one to the car permanently also. I have a portable one I take with me and store in the rear trunk compartment. I have seen these new ones where you can fill up all 4 tires at once. Pretty sweet.

As FourMoBro said its to air down before offroad and then air up when driving on the regular roads home.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm guessing for one who plans to off-road the Ascent by lowering the tire pressure at the trail head
Correct! Admittedly I don’t plan much off-roading, but I’d like to take it on some beach rides. A friend of mine has one in his Jeep, but it’s much easier to find compatible models, mounts, etc. for them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I take one of these on longer trips. I had the lithium batteries already, and don't want to risk blowing fuses on the car with a 12 volt pump, or running down the car battery, or using up gasoline while I run the pump. And this is really portable and "cordless". One battery will almost fill a flat tire IIRC.
There is a similar dewalt for 20V lithium batteries, but it costs twice as much.

·
Registered
544 Posts
A viair 88P is what I use, clamps on to the battery so no blown fuses. Unless you want the ARB Duals for $500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts