Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one on the premium? I changed the oil and we to change the oil life indicator assuming there was one but I cant find anything in the manual for the premium. I thought I’d ask my peeps.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
I can't answer the question specific to the Ascent at this point, but many current vehicle models handle oil life "automagically" based on multiple factors, not just milage and there's nothing to "reset" in that case. Some even monitor the oil quality for that system.

·
Registered
88 Posts
We don't have an Ascent just yet but good question and not something I even thought to consider since it's been a given on our last couple cars. Maybe try looking in the manual.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah per the manual I dont think there is one on the premium with the basic black and white second lcd screen above the starlink multimedia center. There is a setting if you have the color lcd screen. Thats quite frustrating actually and i think Subaru should just include the same screen and settings in all trims. Should I really have to pay more for some basic settings? garbage.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have a limited and a 2016 Forester limited, both don't have oil life indicator or "maintenance" light. Personally, I don't need it. Other brands like Honda or Ford have either indicator since the 90s.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've never had a car with an Oil life monitor. I found the best way to make sure you change the oil on time is to pick an easy interval. I will change mine every 5,000 miles which is easy to remember and gives you an extra 1,000 miles should you be on a trip or do not have time to change it since Subaru recommends 6,000 mile intervals.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I dont mind not having one. I guess I am used to it though as my durango has one and my old 2009 pilot that I traded in for the Ascent had one. I just thought it was standard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts