Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Have you tried pulling the drain plug after you have pumped out all the oil to see if it is getting everything out? I have a pump that I use for my boat but haven't tried it on the ascent yet. I may try it next change and then pull the plug to see if it is really getting to the bottom of the pan. The pan has a small deep part right where the drain plug is. I hope the hose is able to get all the way down there.
No I haven’t, but it pulls out enough for me not to bother with it. Found out I have 2 years of oil changes included so doing that for now.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Same for me with the oil extractor. I'm sure there's a tiny bit of oil in the bottom, but out of the 5qts, it has to be way less than 0.2 qt (given how much I have to put back in to get the dipstick correct).

Also, given how easy it is, I'm not so loathe to put off the oil changes, so actually do it more frequently. Have one coming up soon...... can do in 15 mins now my oil came in from Amazon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same for me with the oil extractor. I'm sure there's a tiny bit of oil in the bottom, but out of the 5qts, it has to be way less than 0.2 qt (given how much I have to put back in to get the dipstick correct).

Also, given how easy it is, I'm not so loathe to put off the oil changes, so actually do it more frequently. Have one coming up soon...... can do in 15 mins now my oil came in from Amazon!
What brand/model of oil extractor are you using. I just got my last "free" oil change and will be doing the next at home.

·
Registered
682 Posts
What brand/model of oil extractor are you using. I just got my last "free" oil change and will be doing the next at home.
This is the one I got. You can either hook up your air compressor or you can use the hand pump.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts