Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when it occasionally rains here in AZ, I have a favorite little dirt road that I take the "long cut" to work on. It has some good ups and downs and tons of large puddles/muddy sections to power through.

We actually had SNOW the other day and the next day the puddles were huge. I was going through with some extra gusto and when hitting the larger bumps would hear a large thunk which I assume is the suspension bottoming out.

Is that a problem? I'm not sure how protected the components are against damage from that sort of bump and want to restrain myself if I need to. I don't mind if it wears a bit earlier from extra use, just don't want a hard failure due to abuse!

Finally got a RAM mount for my windshield so next time I can mount the phone and video it (and take in data too like I do in my race car)!

My car is very dirty again (just like my Avatar from the last rainy day)

Reactions: xydadx3

·
Registered
39 Posts
So when it occasionally rains here in AZ, I have a favorite little dirt road that I take the "long cut" to work on. It has some good ups and downs and tons of large puddles/muddy sections to power through.

We actually had SNOW the other day and the next day the puddles were huge. I was going through with some extra gusto and when hitting the larger bumps would hear a large thunk which I assume is the suspension bottoming out.

Is that a problem? I'm not sure how protected the components are against damage from that sort of bump and want to restrain myself if I need to. I don't mind if it wears a bit earlier from extra use, just don't want a hard failure due to abuse!

Finally got a RAM mount for my windshield so next time I can mount the phone and video it (and take in data too like I do in my race car)!

My car is very dirty again (just like my Avatar from the last rainy day)
I noticed the same issue, when i hit pothole few weeks back.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Some people had noise in the front suspension and needed struts replaced. Have it checked out.

I go over all the bumps without slowing down and it's never bottomed out.

Well, once when I was on a dirt side street after a big rain and was going a bit too fast for the big ruts. :D
10 months later ...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10 months later ...
Heh, I actually moved offices, but found another nice little course right across from my office!

Took this video playing in the mud.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Heh, I actually moved offices, but found another nice little course right across from my office!

Took this video playing in the mud.

:) I bent a few stock rims doing something like this in my RRS....

I was going to say "that looks familiar!" but ... all of Phoenix/Gilbert/Chandler/Scottsdale/101/202 ...looks familiar to me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts