Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about this for a while, as I'm adding Offroading accessories to my Ascent. (Lift Kit, skit plates and AT tires).

Is there a big enough market (or could they steal market share) if they made an offroading version of one of their models.

Heck, I'm thinking an even a "Crosstrek AT" would be awesome.
2" or even 3" lift if they could
2.4T from Ascent
AT Front/Rear bumper to increase approach and departure angles
Increased fender well size to allow for larger AT tires
Included skid plates
Maybe even wire roof cage included.

Maybe a $8k premium?

Something like this, but with the front/rear bumper modified and the forward-aft fenders increased to bump up the tire size a little more.

Reactions: SubieTim

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I would like to see it even if I'm not really a potential customer. There are dealers that do this to new Subarus. The ones I've seen seem to modify Premium trims the most. I tried to find examples for sale and came across Rocky Mountain Off Road Edition models bby some dealer in CO. Pretty cool!

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
All I can say is... some really neat things are coming in the future. My Day one efforts to off-roaderize my Ascent, followed by many others, hasn't gone unnoticed. People doing the same with their Outbacks hasn't gone unnoticed either.

I cannot say any more than that.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm planning to get a spare tire/wheel, hitch pin kit, lift kit and skid plates before Moab. Hopefully all the timing works out. Will be a great time!

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts