Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed a call to SOA on Friday regarding all the issues we have had since we purchased the car in March 2019. Received 3 options today. The car qualifies as a lemon. The options are listed below.

1. Replacement with a new 2020
2. Money back for purchase price
3. Cash back and an extended warranty

We are still mulling over the options but we are leaning towards getting the new 2020.

SOA has been fantastic and super easy to deal with regarding this process. Just wanted to give some hope out there to people experiencing issues with their Ascent.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sorry to hear you received a lemon.

Glad to hear Subaru gave you a few options for how to proceed. Out of those I would probably go with option 1 as well as this way you will have a fresh warranty and hopefully fewer or no issues.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I placed a call to SOA on Friday regarding all the issues we have had since we purchased the car in March 2019. Received 3 options today. The car qualifies as a lemon. The options are listed below.

We are still mulling over the options but we are leaning towards getting the new 2020.

SOA has been fantastic and super easy to deal with regarding this process. Just wanted to give some hope out there to people experiencing issues with their Ascent.
Does option #1 involve you having to pay taxes on the new 2020?

·
Registered
61 Posts

What did you go thru that it qualified as a lemon ?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,962 Posts
What did you go thru that it qualified as a lemon ?
Lemon Laws are state specific, but it's likely that a major issue was unresolved after three attempts and x number of days of the vehicle being out of service or something along those lines.
-----

OP, get the 2020 if you liked your Ascent outside of whatever issue caused it to quality as a take back.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Love our 2020! Its getting to the point now that the MY21s will be coming out soon though.
They’ll probably get an awesome facelift and some more tweaks. If it was Feb/Mar, I’d definitely wait for MY21..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Love our 2020! Its getting to the point now that the MY21s will be coming out soon though.
They’ll probably get an awesome facelift and some more tweaks. If it was Feb/Mar, I’d definitely wait for MY21..

I'd definitely wait and see what changes... My fear is that they're going to put the 2020 Outback's infotainment system in the Ascent. That thing sucks and I'd be shocked if they didn't do a full 180 on it for next year since it's costing them so many sales.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If it's like other Subarus, the mid-cycle refresh/facelift should happen for the 2022 models.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'd definitely wait and see what changes... My fear is that they're going to put the 2020 Outback's infotainment system in the Ascent. That thing sucks and I'd be shocked if they didn't do a full 180 on it for next year since it's costing them so many sales.
What is wrong with the new Outback infotainment system? I wanted my wife to get the Legacy but she ended up with the 2020 Sonata so I didn't get a chance to test it out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Whats wrong with the larger infotainment screen?
What is wrong with the new Outback infotainment system? I wanted my wife to get the Legacy but she ended up with the 2020 Sonata so I didn't get a chance to test it out.
They put the climate controls on the infotainment screen instead of having physical buttons so it's impossible to change the heated seat temperature or how the car is distributing air in the cabin without looking at the screen. IMO it's almost impossible to use the onscreen controls safely while driving. It's a big turn off. I'm not the only one complaining about this.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Maybe the use of the voice command will be of help here while operating the vehicle .

·
Registered
3 Posts

What were your issues??? Recall?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How do you know it is causing them so many sales?

·
Registered
223 Posts
The same way we know the lack of hatch causes lost sales for the WRX and lack of new engine causes lost sales for the STI.

Half joking, but also half serious. I'd buy a STI tomorrow if either of the above were to transpire.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They put the climate controls on the infotainment screen instead of having physical buttons so it's impossible to change the heated seat temperature or how the car is distributing air in the cabin without looking at the screen. IMO it's almost impossible to use the onscreen controls safely while driving. It's a big turn off. I'm not the only one complaining about this.
Stop/Start is buried 3 menus down, also it's said by some folks to be slow. I can see Subaru implementing this in all products in the next couple of years. Perhaps the next Impreza will flush out a better design in MY 21

·
Registered
703 Posts
LOL. Subaru's attempt to be like Tesla. It's a pretty bad implementation too.

Hard buttons have their place!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts